PDA

View Full Version : Can you please help me understand the difference between the Aden & Anais blankets...

sewarsh
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
The Target ones, the BRU ones, etc. I think these are smaller and thinner? Are they not recommended? (Baby will be born in beginning of Sept).

What about the swaddling blankets vs. Bamboo blankets? Whats the difference?

Where do you purchase yours and what do you recommend?

Looking for swaddling blankets, NOT burp clothes, sleep sacks, etc.

Thanks!

jgenie
08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
The more expensive blankets are 47 x 47. IMHO they are worth the money. I bought a set of the cheaper blankets for a friend as a gift. I was with her one day when she forgot to pack her blanket and I lent her one of mine. She noticed the difference right away. She said not only were mine larger but the fabric was softer too.

I bought these (http://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Muslin-Swaddle-Jungle/dp/B002SW3B0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312685669&sr=8-1) for myself and loved them!!

ahrimie
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
I have both; bought the smaller/thinner ones on accident, not knowing they weren't the original ones.

The smaller ones ARE thinner which isn't a huge deal for me since it's summer. However, I wish I had bought the regular ones. The quality is significantly better on the regular ones. I've gotten some snags in the smaller ones with just a few uses where my original ones look new and they're 3 years old.

abh5e8
08-06-2011, 11:23 PM
i think the ones at Land of Nod are the nicer ones...they are the bigger 47 inch size and they have a 20% off right now. :)

AnnieW625
08-06-2011, 11:44 PM
I only bought the original ones from Amazon, they were $37.95 on sale. I have never had the Target ones or the Bamboo ones so I can't compare. I chose ours, Shooting Stars because I love stars, and I also loved that all four blankets had a design. I refused to pay money for a plain white muslin blanket.

s7714
08-07-2011, 12:08 AM
I got one of each to start with. I like the smaller, thinner ones better for our hot climate. Even with the smaller size I sometimes feel like it's more than enough blanket but my babies are usually on the petite side.

Claki
08-07-2011, 12:15 AM
I have twelve (3 packs of 4) of the Target version. Love them. I have a boutique sleep sack and I don't find it to be any softer, just a different weave. It is minutely thicker fabric. Eight of my Target blankets are two years old and they still look great.

boogiemomz
08-07-2011, 07:01 AM
The more expensive blankets are 47 x 47. IMHO they are worth the money. I bought a set of the cheaper blankets for a friend as a gift. I was with her one day when she forgot to pack her blanket and I lent her one of mine. She noticed the difference right away. She said not only were mine larger but the fabric was softer too.

:yeahthat:

When I accidentally bought the smaller ones from BBB, I noticed the difference right away. DD was born in a cold climate and we swaddled every night using the larger ones, so I bought another set, not knowing they were different. Even at just a few weeks old, I had trouble swaddling her with the smaller blankets, and she was a small baby.

Don't know about the bamboo.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-07-2011, 08:40 AM
i have the Target/BuyBuyBaby ones. I do notice a difference btwn the "real" ones but actually i like how these are so light. I am in Texas and it is just so hot here, and my babies sweat a lot so this is perfect..i mainly use them to drape over a stroller to keep light out and such. i don't use them much for swaddling, just as a lightweight blanket over DD while she's in a stroller.

I did complain about finding a whole in one of the blankets and was gonna complain..then i noticed that DS was biting one of the blankets and pulling it :eek:

MizMojoLaveau
08-16-2011, 08:48 AM
I just received some of the bamboo ones and will say that they are softer. However, my only experience prior to that was with the 47 x 47 regular ones (not Target). That being said, I made it through DC #1 without having ANY of them and got some regular ones used off ebay for DC #2 and was THRILLED with them at the time. Just splurged and tried the bamboo using last week's A&A sale for DC #3. I also will use dye/perfume free detergent and won't use fabric softener, so I fear that the bamboo ones might become about like the rest once it is all said and done. Not sure. I think they all are great blankets, though, and you will be impressed if you have never owned any before.

alirebco
08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I only have the regular ones but both bamboo and cotton and the bamboo are the softest. Love them. They can get a bit pilly though. I love the brighter colored designs on them as well.

BabyDahl
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I have all 3 varieties: the bamboo ones are by far the softest and IMO have the cooler prints. The regular ones are slightly larger and slightly softer than the Target/Kohl's variety; those are lighter and good as stroller blankets (especially since I won't feel as bad if they get caught on velcro). If I had to start all over, I would just buy the bamboo ones, only on sale, though. :wink2:

adamlau
09-19-2011, 05:48 AM
We have multiple A+A classic, organic and bamboo swaddle blankets. Versus the classic series, the organic blankets have been noticeably softer since day one and continue to be softer through equal washings. The A+A organic line is about as soft as the A+A bamboo line. The only real drawback with A+A swaddle blankets (classic and organic in particular) is that they are not (initially) lint free. We dry our swaddle blankets on an indoors clothesline and noticed fine lint deposited across nearby horizontal surfaces through the first few dryings. Should not be a noticeable issue if you use a dryer, however.