PDA

View Full Version : anti-b*tch about DH

♥ms.pacman♥
08-08-2011, 12:14 AM
i know i've been b*tching a lot about being overwhelmed and DH having to travel/work so much lately so i figured i need to make an "anti-bitching" post :)

my cousin and her 3yo are currently visiting (they got in yesterday). DH (who is NOT a morning person and who does not like to cook) got up this morning and made eggs, pancakes, and baked banana bread for everyone. i didn't ask him at all, he just did it. He took care of all the cleanup, ran the dishwasher etc and then got stuff ready to take the kids to the aquarium, and didn't complain at all.

Then when he got home, got everyone's dinner heated up and ready etc and fed DS who was a bit cranky after a long day out. And after giving the kids their baths and putting them to sleep he went to the grocery store and stocked up on tons of groceries and stuff so I won't have to do it while he's gone (he leaves again for the week on Tues).

Then a little after DH got back, DS started really crying and screaming bc of a nightmare...we both went to console him at first but then DH said he would totally handle it all, and then rocked him for half an hour before he calmed down and went back to sleep. I could see them on the video monitor, so sweet. :heartbeat:

my cousin noticed all DH was doing and said, "Wow, he is so good and helps so much. You are so lucky." And I have to agree with her! I know it's not great having my DH having to be gone so much, but he really does make up for it when he is here! :thumbsup:

Uno-Mom
08-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Aww, happiness. Good job, daddy!

I have one, too (I'll make it quick because DH wants the computer :)) - he's slept in the guestroom with the baby monitor for 5 nights because Sprog's been coughing and I'm a super light sleeper. SOOOO thankful!

Tondi G
08-08-2011, 12:32 AM
awww that is AWESOME! He is a great daddy. Congrats you are a lucky lady!

Cam&Clay
08-08-2011, 12:35 AM
He's a keeper!

GaPeach_in_Ca
08-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Very sweet! Yeah for both of you! :)

bisous
08-08-2011, 01:03 AM
That is totally awesome! You lucky, lucky lady!

Beth24
08-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Yay DH! It feels so nice to feel good about your DH doesn't it?

momm
08-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Awww that is the sweetest! Both him being so, and you noticing and writing about it!!

mommylamb
08-08-2011, 06:42 AM
That's really nice. It's always the best when they do things without having to be asked!

maestramommy
08-08-2011, 07:20 AM
That's awesome! Go Dh!:bighand: