PDA

View Full Version : Sofas

mytwosons
08-08-2011, 08:16 AM
We need new upholstered living room furniture. We are trying to add this in to several other projects we have going, so money is an issue. I don't yet know for sure how much of the budget we'll have left to work with. I'm considering the leather pieces from costco and IKEA. Does anyone have experience with either?

The last time we bought furniture, we purchased Thomasville and the salesperson told me to only consider eight-way hand-tied pieces. Still true? I see some of the costco is eight-way hand-tied, but others don't make any mention of it.

Any other places/brands to consider?

Thanks in advance!

o_mom
08-08-2011, 08:41 AM
We have the IKEA leather. So far it is holding up nicely (1 yr old) with no complaints. I really didn't want to invest in 'forever' furniture while my kids are still young, but this seems better quality than the discount places around here. Costco stuff also looks nice and that was our other option, but they didn't seem to have the pieces I wanted when it was time to buy.

mytwosons
08-08-2011, 09:08 AM
We have the IKEA leather. So far it is holding up nicely (1 yr old) with no complaints. I really didn't want to invest in 'forever' furniture while my kids are still young, but this seems better quality than the discount places around here. Costco stuff also looks nice and that was our other option, but they didn't seem to have the pieces I wanted when it was time to buy.

Thanks, O_mom! Do you happen to remember which Ikea sofa you have?

vludmilla
08-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I have a Costco leather sectional that I bought last November. It is holding up nicely and it certainly seems to be better quality than the discount sofas/sectionals that I have seen. I'm not in love with it though. I can't remove the cushions but maybe you can't on any leather sofa. The cushions are a little firm. The leather is very soft and nice.