PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling height and bunk bed clearance

SnuggleBuggles
08-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Anyone know what the ideal space between the bunk bed and the ceiling is? Ds1 is in loft with a loft bed at Costco but the ceilings are 7' though maybe 8'. Seems awfully tight, if you ask me, but maybe it's doable.

Beth

Melanie
08-08-2011, 02:52 PM
We cut the legs of Dc's loft beds down to a height we were comfortable with. At minimum, I would want them to be able to sit up with at least a head's width or more for room to grow. I can't imagine sleeping in a bed where I couldn't sit up straight.

Rainbows&Roses
08-08-2011, 03:44 PM
We got the Costco loft bed with the desk underneath and I think our ceilings our 8 feet (it is an old house!)

My DH was up there playing cards with her last night. He is tall and could sit up there without his head touching the ceiling. I would prefer more clearance, but it works pretty well for her, just a little tough getting up there. I think there is about 2.5-3 feet between the mattress and ceiling. I would not want less.

almostmom
08-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Are these loft beds currently at Costco? I've been starting to look for a bed that can fit a desk or dresser underneath (DD's room is really small), and haven't found anything affordable that looks sturdy!

Thanks--

MMMommy
08-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Does anyone have this Mckenzie Loft twin bed from Costco.com? I ordered one for DD1, and she can't wait for it to arrive. I hope it is nice and sturdy in person. DH will have a field day building it...NOT. I saw the nice, full sized loft bed with desk underneath at our local Costco, but it is just too big for DD1's room.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11308644&search=Mckenzie&Mo=8&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=Mckenzie&Ntt=Mckenzie&No=2&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1