PDA

View Full Version : Another JJB question - which one (as small as possible)??

sarahsentry
08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi there,
I really like the overall design and functionality of the JJB line of bags but can't figure out which one is best for me.
I'm about to have my first baby, plan to use disposables and hope to breastfeed (but since you never know how that's going to go I should have a bag that's good for either scenario).
I'd like to find a bag that's as small and light as possible while still giving me the space I need for necessities (which I'm not fully aware of not having a LO yet!). I know that the bags themselves have different weights (which in general seem higher than other bags but I'm hoping that will be outweighed by the superior functionality!)
We have a store in town that had a few designs I could look at in person - I really like the design and size of the Between but fear it's too small. The Be All is a better size but the pockets and such didn't seem as good (and I also didn't like the flap vs zipper but I guess that's a small thing). I also saw the BFF but not sure I can imagine wearing as a backpack.
So for those who have used JJB bags with a newborn/in the first year which one do you think I should go for??
Thanks!!

mom2khj
08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
With DDs, I was not a fan of JJB. I tried the Be Tween and I think Be Spicy. I found them heavy and hard to pack without having them look like they were stuffed to the gills (for just one kid).

I have read that the newer ones use a new fabric, so they aren't as heavy. I don't know if that applies to all models or not. It's just a vague recollection I have from reading in their forums.

I now have a Be Hip for DS and I love it. Best bag I've ever had (I've used Skip Hop Dash, Fleurville Sling Tote and various no-name ones from BRU). I thought the vertical packing would be strange, but I've found it suits me perfectly.

mezzona
08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
i've had the between and beall and the packabe (not the bff) and i can say for certain that a between will be too small for a newborn and all their little toys and blankets. a be all will probably be big enough, but personally i didn't like how square and bulky it was at my side. packabe is nice size, but deeper than it is wide. bff may be your best bet.

mackmama
08-23-2011, 11:41 AM
I'd suggest the BFF. The older fabrics were heavier, although I still think the bag is a bit heavier than others. As you said though, I think the superior design makes it worth it. I don't think a tween will be big enough for you. I'd also recommend the BeFabulous if you like the look of the earth leather. I love mine. It's essentially the same design as the BFF without the backpack straps.

Kymberley
08-23-2011, 12:17 PM
I have had more JJBs than I care to admit: BeSpicy, BeAlls, BeTweens, BeHips, etc.. The BeHip is the best, imo. It's light, it's super stuffable, and it carries really well! I still have my BeAlls, but I use the Hip more than any other.

bw52
08-23-2011, 03:29 PM
I have a Be All. It's worked well for us with 1 kiddo, but if you like smaller bags (I'm a very small purse girl--or was before I had a baby and now I hardly ever use one) it might seem too big to lug around at times. When we're going to be gone for a long time it seems the right size to cram everything in (I might ere on the side of overpacking a bit), but sometimes I think it's too big when I'm only going to be gone an hour (and needing less stuff).

Sorry. This prob isn't helping you. But I wanted to suggest you have your baby and then buy one after you know more about how much you'll pack. We just used the free hospital diaper bag for the first little while and that gave me a chance to see what exactly I took with me when going out and I was better able to judge the size of bag I would really need. You really don't know how much stuff you'll need/want to take until you've had the baby.

ged
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
I currently use the BFF and love it. It is not too big for me. But, I am not necessarily a small bag girl. I have the between and the Be Smart (a retired older style). The between is too small, but more of an issue for me was how boxy (rectangular-y) it was for me, and it just never laid well against my body.