PDA

View Full Version : DD not STTN anymore

babyonway
08-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi, my DD (14 months old) is waking up 2-3 times per night. She used to STTN. This has been going on for a good month now and I am exhausted. When this happens I BF feed her for about 10 mintues, and I usually doze off. When I wake up she is asleep and I move her back to her crib. I am not comfortable with letting her CIO. Any suggestions. Is CIO my only option?

CaliMommy
08-11-2011, 11:11 PM
My 14mo DS just did the same thing last month! It's what pushed me to make him CIO. Yes, it's really hard, and my heart breaks for him every time I hear him crying at the top of his lungs.

We kind of followed Ferber, but adjusted it to DS as he got used to falling asleep by himself. It's been about three weeks now and DS cries less than 5min each time. If he's not asleep after that, he has learned to play with his stuffed pigeon until he does. He is normally asleep in less than 15min. One pleasant surprise we found this week is that he's figured out that we are not coming to get him, so he doesn't cry if he wakes up in the middle of the night. He'll just play by himself until he falls asleep again.

We are so glad that we made him CIO, and it is really difficult in the beginning. But for us, it was so worth it!

On a side note, DS has been teething the last two months and now we see three first yr molars coming out as well as two of the teeth next to them. So I'm sure that his waking up had something to do with that. But nonetheless, we are thankful that it made us get him to fall asleep by himself.