PDA

View Full Version : Fall

ashleybama24
08-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Anyone else ready for fall? College football (my team is ranked #1!!!), chili, cooler weather, the ability to actually be outside for 5 minutes, leaves changing color, school starting? Feel free to add your own fall favorites!

bisous
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Well, not really. I'm a summer girl and I have to say that here in So Cal we have at least two more months of really warm temps and our leaves don't really change color. I'm really, really lamenting the end of this summer but I'm excited that "fall" (September) will bring a new baby! Does that count?

logan's mom
08-08-2011, 04:22 PM
I am not necessarily ready to say goodbye to summer, but I am ready for some Fall food! Right now it's too hot to eat....well, at least too hot to cook! I am ready for it to start cooling off in the evenings so we can eat soups and stews!

SpaceGal
08-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I like the fall...I'm not loving this crazy summer so far. It's been way hotter and humid and DRY. But then again I'm not complaining since we had a super wet spring. Crazy weather!

BDKmom
08-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I am really not a fall person, mainly because fall means winter is coming and I am *really* not a winter person, but I do find myself looking forward to it this year. Ready for college football and the leaves and all that, but also ready for DS to ask to go outside and me actually want to allow him. He loves outdoors so much and I hate to have to tell him no so often, but it has been so blessed hot this year. I don't know if it has been hotter than usual or if I'm just more aware of it this year with DS wanting to play outside, but I'm over it. Never thought I'd be one to say this, but "bring on fall!"

SnuggleBuggles
08-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Don't say that!!! I am clutching desperately to summer. Fall will be here soon enough. 0 desire to rush it's arrival. I like it just fine but I am not ready for summer to be done. Pool, shorts, sandals, late sunsets, ice cream...

Beth

BillK
08-08-2011, 04:41 PM
soooooooooo ready for Fall. I could take Fall year round - HATE the oppressive heat like this whole Summer has been.

weech
08-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I am SO excited for fall! We took DS to the Raven's practice last Saturday and it really got me psyched for football season. I can't wait to throw on a sweatshirt, drink some beer and make chili :)

elektra
08-08-2011, 04:49 PM
No! I am sensing the start of the end of summer and I am resisting! I need more summer.

jenstring95
08-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I am SO ready for fall (well, except for the fact that my DS starts kindy in 2 weeks!). But really, I am always ready for fall. Or winter. Or anything other than horrid Texas summers!

I am ready to decorate for Halloween/fall, buy costumes, drink cider, wear long sleeves, etc!

crl
08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Anyone else ready for fall? College football (my team is ranked #1!!!), chili, cooler weather, the ability to actually be outside for 5 minutes, leaves changing color, school starting? Feel free to add your own fall favorites!

You have no idea how much I wish I was going to get Fall. San Francisco's fall is more like summer. It's lovely, but it is not Fall. And I really, really, really miss Fall.

Catherine

happymom
08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
OMG, no no no no! As a teacher, I am off for the summer and fall means back to work!!

maybeebaby08
08-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm counting the days til Fall! I love football, Fall in New England with pumpkins, apple picking, and hot cider, and school. I love the school schedule!

arivecchi
08-08-2011, 05:16 PM
soooooooooo ready for Fall. I could take Fall year round - HATE the oppressive heat like this whole Summer has been.:yeahthat:

I hate summer! I hate being a sticky mess. Ugh. I could so do without it.

Leaves, cider, football (makes DH so happy!), sweaters, boots, jackets, pumpkin patches, ahhhhhhhh. I LOVE fall!

cono0507
08-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I love love love fall but always get so ready and excited for fall to come and then end up waiting and waiting and waiting for true "fall weather". Last year DS was wearing shorts until Halloween. I love the crisp weather, leaves, cider, pumpkins, etc. I just wish it came sooner than November.

elektra
08-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Summer!

Kindra178
08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
:yeahthat:

I hate summer! I hate being a sticky mess. Ugh. I could so do without it.

Leaves, cider, football (makes DH so happy!), sweaters, boots, jackets, pumpkin patches, ahhhhhhhh. I LOVE fall!

The mosquitoes are killing me this summer. I love football, fall clothes, boots, back to school shopping, new backpacks, and pumpkins.

BayGirl2
08-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Well, not really. I'm a summer girl and I have to say that here in So Cal we have at least two more months of really warm temps and our leaves don't really change color. I'm really, really lamenting the end of this summer but I'm excited that "fall" (September) will bring a new baby! Does that count?

In NorCal and feel the same! I will have the baby in September and still have 2 more months of Summer. I love Fall, but its in November here, maybe late Oct. on a cold year. We've had a long rainy season this year so it feels like Summer barely started.

fivi2
08-08-2011, 06:01 PM
soooooooooo ready for Fall. I could take Fall year round - HATE the oppressive heat like this whole Summer has been.

:yeahthat: x 10000000000000000

(except we don't really have fall here. I just wish we did)

MommytoEliana
08-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Me, me! Ready for the heat and humidity to be done, ready for this baby to be out so I can actually go on walks without being in pain (once the heat and humidity are done, anyway), ready for some cute fall clothes (well, for the kids anyway...I'll be postpartum and dealing with that whole clothing issue).... Count me in!

AnnieW625
08-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Summer is only half over.

I can't wait for college football either! Neither of my favorite teams are ranked, and actually one of them was ranked a few years back as one of the worst teams in the nation (Syracuse), and USC probably won't be ranked in the top 25 for the next couple of seasons (but that's a whole other can of worms!). I can't wait for the NFL either! I like cooler weather too.

theriviera
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
You have no idea how much I wish I was going to get Fall. San Francisco's fall is more like summer. It's lovely, but it is not Fall. And I really, really, really miss Fall.

Catherine

Same here! I'm in Southern California and I really, really miss fall. But, bring on college football!

swissair81
08-08-2011, 07:35 PM

:yeahthat:

Fall is my favorite season! Crisp air, cider mill, back to school, gorgeous 70 degree days and crisp evenings, kids playing in leaf heaps, and my favorite holidays. Also my DS is getting his first hair cut (which is both exciting and sad).

Octobermommy
08-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm so ready for fall! I love football, love fall clothing, unfortunately it won't happen for another 2.5 months for us.

SkyrMommy
08-08-2011, 09:23 PM

:yeahthat: And I'm so ready for apple cider, cider donuts, bonfires, sweaters and fleece in the evenings, our leaves changing in the mountains, monarchs migrating, geese flying through, mums... and the first crystal frost on my garden. Can you tell I love fall?! :rotflmao:

And the best is that winter follows fall and I can hear my skis just sweating to death in the garage waiting for the snow!

Sorry summer mamas :innocent:

boolady
08-08-2011, 09:36 PM
I love fall beyond words. I would say I can't wait for it, but since I feel like DD's just constantly growing and changing, I've tried to stop wishing time away.

DrSally
08-09-2011, 12:15 AM
I haven't had enough of summer (was cool here up until July!). I do like fall, but I don't like that it means that 5 months of winter is around the corner.

cntrymoon2
08-09-2011, 01:10 AM
I am SOOOO ready for Fall! It's my favorite season, too. And I look forward to the break from our nasty humid heat!

ged
08-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I haven't had enough of summer (was cool here up until July!). I do like fall, but I don't like that it means that 5 months of winter is around the corner.

Exactly. Still no summer here. It's 60 degrees and rainy. Been like that for days. I need a real summer or else not sure how I will handle winter!

ashleybama24
08-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Summer used to be my favorite season...sno cones, vacation, grilling out every meal, the beach etc. I think summer will be fun again when my kids are older and things like going to the pool are fun and not 200 times more work with a newborn and toddler.

arivecchi
08-09-2011, 11:16 AM
The mosquitoes are killing me this summer. Oh yes....add that to the joys of summer.....my kids practically fly away when we go outside while wearing repellent. Insane! :thumbsdown:

lizzywednesday
08-09-2011, 11:26 AM
ABSOLUTELY. I am SO over the heat & humidity!!!!

Clear days.
Cool weather.
Changing leaves.
Fall produce - apples, pears, squash (!)
College football. (My team is unranked, but DH's team and its primary rival are going to have themselves a little war - their coaches apparently despise each other. He's practically vibrating with excitement.)
Pro football. (Despite the fact that the season starts on Sept. 11th and I try to do a full media blackout that day, DH has a "bet" on the Jets-Ravens game, week 4 that works out nicely for me whether he wins or loses.)
That "snap" in the air.
The smell of (other people's) woodburning stoves.

And, I must admit, I do love Halloween. (I know that a lot of you Fall-lovers do not like Halloween, and I respect that, but it's a special "holiday" for DH and I: we met on Halloween night 9 years ago.)

JTsMom
08-09-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm ready for fall 365 days a year! I loooove fall. I love the weather, the leaves, the coziness, the clothing- everything. When I start to see fall decor in the craft stores, I can't help but do a little dance. lol

elektra
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't understand you guys! I mean football, crisp weather, cozy fashionable clothes are all great. But what about warm weather, beaches, swimming, vacations, picnics, etc.??
What would work for me is if fall came once every 4 years, like the Olympics. I think I could get really fired up for it then. :)

arivecchi
08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't understand you guys! I mean football, crisp weather, cozy fashionable clothes are all great. But what about warm weather, beaches, swimming, vacations, picnics, etc.??
What would work for me is if fall came once every 4 years, like the Olympics. I think I could get really fired up for it then. :) This is because you live in perpetual fall/spring like weather. ;) Come over while it is over 90 here and you will quickly change your tune!

ETA: My biggest summer pet peeve is perpetually sweaty hair that has to be up in a ponytail. Not my finest hour. :ROTFLMAO: