PDA

View Full Version : Any Jacksonville Mammas?

oneontheway
08-08-2011, 04:28 PM
We will be in Jacksonville for the day Friday and part of Saturday with three little ones and the grandparents. We are checking it out for the first time because we may want to move to the area in the next year or two. What should we see or do and still make the trip fun for the kids? We are staying off of Southside Blvd. Thanks!

Melbel
08-08-2011, 04:45 PM
What are your interests?

Be forewarned that it is a HOT and humid time of the year there, with frequent afternoon showers. If you are attempting any outdoor activities, it is generally better to go in the morning.

We love the beaches in the summertime. There is normally a nice breeze and the kids all enjoy splashing in the waves. The Jacksonville Zoo is very nice. The Museum of Science and History (MOSH) is indoors and cool, but is not the greatest compared to bigger cities. JMOMA (Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art) and the The Cummer Gallery and Gardens are nice art museums.

For shopping on the southside of town, the Town Center Mall is a nice outdoor concept with higher end stores (and your standard Gap, Gymboree, Ann Taylor, etc.). The Avenues Mall is a more traditional indoor mall. There are huge outlet malls south of town in St. Augustine off of I-95.

If your kids like bowling, there is a new upscale bowling concept called Latitude 30 on Philip's Highway that also has a video game area.

Adventure Landing has waterslides and Go Karts (located off Beach Blvd. near the intracoastal).

If you have any specific questions regarding areas of town, schools, etc., please feel free to send me a PM. I hope you enjoy your trip.

oneontheway
08-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Just pm'd you. Thanks!!!

DietCokeLover
08-10-2011, 08:39 AM
It's been a while since I lived there, but if I get back, I want to have a pizza at The Loop.

amldaley
08-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Jacksonville.........North Carolina???