PDA

View Full Version : Am I setting myself up for failure?

peanut520
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Okay my little trip to Disney has snowballed out of control a bit, but I figured it will only be dd's first trip to Disney once. I just upgraded us to the tower in contemporary today from the garden wing. We started out with 2 rooms in CSR then to OKW 2 bedroom villa to contempory garden view and now to the tower view. Thank goodness the trip is 40 days away and i would have time to talk myself into the club level I figured it will be nice to be able to head back for naps and hope that when we go back to Disney in a few years it will be about the parks and not so much the room or food since she will be 2.5 when we go next month. Is this a recipes for failure for the next trips if we don't do deluxe again?

wellyes
08-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Your 2.5 DD will not care one whit about the quality of the room, I promise. Step away from the upgrade options!! I think you will have a blast with what you have already set up.

liz
08-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Yeah, don't go for the upgrade if you are doing it just for DD. Now, on the other hand, if YOU want the upgrade, then do it. I promise you she will love whatever you choose.

clc053103
08-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I have only ever stayed deluxe or deluxe villas. To me, they are worth the expense, especially with little ones!

peanut520
08-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Well I upgraded before I posted this thread, but it was for everyone's comfort including dd. I am also taking my parents and my step dad has never been to Disney before and the last time my mom, dh, and went was over 20 years ago. I know we will enjoy it, but will we be able to enjoy a budget trip in the future?

sste
08-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Well, everyone is different but for me the deluxe is mostly about convenience in getting to and from the parks without a car. I think it is something we are going to def. continue to do with small children who nap mid-day-- or at least as long as the 30-40% off deals abound. I really love being able to roll the strollers onto the monorail.

The amenities of the deluxe are a distant second . . . all the disney resorts seem fun to me and for luxury hotel I think you can do better non-disney.

I hope to switch to moderates or values when my kids are older . . .

Anyway, OP, I would go and have a blast! View it as information-gathering on the hotel question. :)

peanut520
08-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Well, everyone is different but for me the deluxe is mostly about convenience in getting to and from the parks without a car. I think it is something we are going to def. continue to do with small children who nap mid-day-- or at least as long as the 30-40% off deals abound. I really love being able to roll the strollers onto the monorail.

The amenities of the deluxe are a distant second . . . all the disney resorts seem fun to me and for luxury hotel I think you can do better non-disney.

I hope to switch to moderates or values when my kids are older . . .

Anyway, OP, I would go and have a blast! View it as information-gathering on the hotel question. :)
Well you hit the nail on the head with the main reasons: 40% pin and the monorail

Love it, it is a reconisence mission :wink2:

alien_host
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
We've done deluxe our past two trips and I'm not sure we can go "backwards". LOL! Once you experience it, IMO it does seem hard to go back.

I'm sure we *could* but whether or not we want to is another question. DH and I sayed at All Star Sports in 2000 before DD and after staying at BLT with her we really wondered why we didn't splurge for a different level of service back then.

AnnieW625
08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
We don't go on vacation at all (our last luxury vacation was to Maui for our honeymoon in 2003) that often unless it's a weekend trip or to see family so when we go to WDW I would like to do the nice accomodations, so I would like a deluxe and to be close to the monorail. We are thinking of going in 2013 prior to DD2 turning 3. Unless they offer food for free we'll most likely eat in the room for most meals (DH isn't big on Disney dining, at least he isn't at DL) so I feel that would be a decent reason for us to get a room with a kitchenette. Old Key West was the most reasonable for two rooms I think. I would love the Contemporary though because I love the styling, and really you can't beat being on the monorail, right?

Now if we end up having to wait another year or so and there is free dining and DD2 isn't napping much then I might consider a moderate like the POR or POFQ, both of which BBB families tend to like here. I'd also consider the Wyndham Bonnet Creek if the price was right and there was a way I could get free parking through AAA (which you get here when you buy DL testing) and a great deal on a rental car.