PDA

View Full Version : Updated: Corolle responds --Corolle Calin Doll needs major surgery - what do I do?!

Naranjadia
08-08-2011, 11:43 PM
My daughter has had the Corolle Mon Premier Calin Yang Doll 12" (http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Premier-Calin-Yang-Doll/dp/B000HBTSF0/ref=sr_1_10?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1312861046&sr=1-10) by her side, through thick and thin for over three years.

The problem: her legs are just about to fall off. They are literally hanging on by a thread (hollow legs are attached to the cloth "thighs"). It looks grotesque, and DD wraps her up blankets or jackets to keep people from seeing the almost amputated legs.

I thought about trying fabric tape, but I don't think it will hold. Duct tape?

I hesitate to offer to get her a replacement, because this is "Hannah baby" and could a duplicate be the same.
--------
Update

I got a response from Corolle. The good news is there is a doll's hospital that they recommend (TLC Doll Shop in Colorado - 303-233-3006).

The bad news is I broached this idea today, but DD prefers not to send her doll away for more than an overnight visit! So it's on to Band-aids, Duct Tape, whatever else we can try. :D Right now she's got her wearing some pajama pants from a boy doll that keep the legs on, so that buys me some time.

katydid1971
08-08-2011, 11:47 PM
I would try to hand sew it the legs on, a simple slip stitch. I think the tapes would not hold very well and just leave a sticky mess.

Karenn
08-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Our Calin's arms and legs are held on mostly with bandaids. Nothing else really worked. The bandaids have held up for years though, and Calin gets lots of playtime.

newg
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
what about calling them and seeing what they suggest? How are they held on in the first place? DD's "caitlin" is sleeping in bed with her right now, so I can't check......

Naranjadia
08-09-2011, 11:51 PM
what about calling them and seeing what they suggest? How are they held on in the first place? DD's "caitlin" is sleeping in bed with her right now, so I can't check......

This is funny because every time I think about solving this problem, our "caitlin" is in bed with DD. I'm not sure - I don't know if they're stitchable. But the band-aid solution might be something DD would really like, since she loves band-aids.

MamaMolly
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
'Baby' is right here next to me :) but sadly I can't tell how her arms and legs are attached. The cloth kind of folds down over its self. Like maybe it is glued on? I agree with the PP. Try to contact the manufacturer and see what they suggest.

Naranjadia
08-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Okay, I have contact the manufacturer and I will report how they respond in case anyone else is nearing the peg-leg stage! :ROTFLMAO:

newg
08-11-2011, 10:15 PM
any updates on the sugery ;)

Naranjadia
08-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Yes! I got a reply - see the original post. I am not quite sure how updates are supposed to be done...