PDA

View Full Version : S/O: Has anyone ever tried laser hair removal?

momm
08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Have you ever had laser hair removal done? Which body parts? How has the experience been? Has hair grown back?

BabyBearsMom
08-09-2011, 11:15 AM
I have not, but my Mom has. She got it done on her neck and chin. She had to go to several treatments and she said it was unpleasant but not painful. After all the treatments, she does occassionally get hair in the treated areas but she tweezes it and the hair is much finer and lighter than it was. I would certainly consider it if I had the time and money.

weech
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm finishing up my last session on my underarms next week. It's going to be worth it because I hate shaving my underarms, but it was hella painful (even with the numbing cream). I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do any other areas.

SASM
08-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Just had session #4 of hopefully 6. On face - chin, neck, upper lip, etc. It is painful in the areas where the hair is dense, ie upper lip, and I've been waxing, tweaking or doing electrolysis for years. I use 2 squeeze balls and tell them to do it quickly. I noticed a huge difference by session 3. I had incredibly dark coarse hair. A little know tidbit, thought, is that it only works on dark hair with a dark root (no blond) and you CANNOT tan!! If you have even the slightest bit of color and they laser it will destroy pigment-making cells, making it impossible to tan in the affected area. I have been incredibly paranoid going through this during summertime. But, for me, it will be very worth it. Totally changing my self-esteem...best DH gift EVER!! Good luck!!

I am sure that I'll have to periodically go back for touch ups. Obviously not sure how frequently. My derm gives a break in touch up sessions. He also gas a "buy 5 get one free" deal.

EQ_Bo_07
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I started this last year on my legs and have worked my way to other areas. I love it! I hated shaving, and more so, it was causing a lot of irritation, preventing me from many activities. Now, if I shave once a month, that is a good thing. You have to be patient with it, and it does take 7+ sessions. Also make sure to find a reputable place and make sure you do some research on their equipment.

sidmand
08-09-2011, 12:15 PM
I've done it a few times (and am currently doing it with a Groupon). It's been the same area but I'll be honest that I didn't follow faithfully the number of times and how soon I should go to the next visit until this round. I'm not thrilled (I think this next one will be my 5th in five months). I'm an ideal candidate (pale skin, dark hair) so it's not that...it may very well be the place though. In the past they seem to have been more thorough and taken a longer time. It does hurt but not as much on the chin as it did the upper lip!! Underarms/bikini line areas are appealing to me but I think that would hurt (me) way too much. My skin is very sensitive and I'm red for about an hour afterwards.

Nicsmom
08-09-2011, 12:21 PM
I'll have my third (hopefully last) session next week for bikini and underarms. It's been the best decision ! It is painful but I am very very pleased. I wish I had done it 10 years ago.