PDA

View Full Version : Keep or Toss these toys

niccig
08-09-2011, 08:19 PM
DS and I are going through all his toys. His 6.5 yo going into 1st grade. He's a lego and car fanatic, so plenty of those.

He's never really played with tinker toys or Lincoln logs, so I'm thinking of donating them. Same with his large duplo blocks.

LMPC
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I think those would all be great toys to donate to a shelter or Boys/Girls club!

baileygirl
08-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I would keep the duplos, you can build bigger things with them (blocks are bigger/more stable) and they work with legos. DS1s older cousins like to play with them at our house for that reason. Lincoln Logs I would be inclinded to get rid of.

Canna
08-10-2011, 04:30 PM
See, I might keep the lincoln logs because I think much younger than 6.5 is a little young to really use them and also as your DS starts studying more history in school he might enjoy playing with them more - building forts for pioneers, Revolutionary War soldiers, etc. It's a toy I remember playing with as an older child making buildings for my Playmobil people, etc.

baileygirl
08-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Good point about making houses for the soldiers. I voted as I did, because ds received a large can of them...but there were hardly any logs...roofs, trees, etc instead of enough logs to actually build much with.

Canna
08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Good point about making houses for the soldiers. I voted as I did, because ds received a large can of them...but there were hardly any logs...roofs, trees, etc instead of enough logs to actually build much with.

Yes, I've seen some sets recently that are really junky and plasticky instead of having logs to build with too!