PDA

View Full Version : Great Loft pants for us curvy girls

wendibird22
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm a fan of the Julie cut at ATL and just had to share that I'm rockin these (http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Apparel/LOFT-Pants/Julie-New-Boot-Cut-Pants-in-Sanded-Cotton-Sateen/264894?colorExplode=false&skuId=90151187&catid=catl000014&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=3727) pants today and I'm loving them. Comfy, soft material, eased through hip and thigh w/out being baggy. Love them. I'm a pear shaped petite who usually has issues with gapping/too big waist and these don't do that.

ourbabygirl
08-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Did you get the petite size, then? I'm 5'3" and pear-shaped, too, and I also always have a huge gap between the waist and butt of my pants.
I like that the pockets on these pants aren't on the sides, too, as that adds more weight to our pear-licious hips! :loveeyes:

wendibird22
08-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I did buy the petite. I'm 5'2". In bare feet the bottom of the pant just hits the floor. I'm typically a 6p or 8p and I did size up to the 8p (the 6 fit but I worried about shrinkage). They are a bit loose but not so gapped at the waist that I couldn't wear a belt (I hate when a belt gathers like 10ft of material above the butt and looks all bunched!).

alexsmommy
08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Sweet! I will be waiting of the next round of coupons. I need some grey and camel colored pants.

niccig
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
All my pants are ATL's julie fit. Nothing else fits me so well, so they better keep making them. Same with their curvy fit jeans.

DrSally
08-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I really like those pants. The description says the waist is just below the natural waist. Do you find that to be true? They look a little lower. Just concerned about the waist gaping issue.

wendibird22
08-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Funny you should ask because as I was typing my earlier description of the length I lifted up my shirt to see where they hit at the waist. Just below my belly button, like the top of the band hits at the base of my belly button...and not a cm lower. I sat in a seminar all day today and never once worried about my undies peaking out the top which can happen when I sit if the back gaps or is cut too low.

DrSally
08-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Funny you should ask because as I was typing my earlier description of the length I lifted up my shirt to see where they hit at the waist. Just below my belly button, like the top of the band hits at the base of my belly button...and not a cm lower. I sat in a seminar all day today and never once worried about my undies peaking out the top which can happen when I sit if the back gaps or is cut too low.

That sounds like a good waist rise.

WitMom
08-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I hate-hate-hate pants shopping because of my pear problem, but I'll be sure to check these out!

g-mama
08-11-2011, 08:24 AM
All my pants are ATL's julie fit. Nothing else fits me so well, so they better keep making them. Same with their curvy fit jeans.

:yeahthat: I love their Julie fit.

A couple of years ago I was at Gap looking for their Curvy fit pants and the sales associate told me they were discontinuing them b/c the name "curvy" was a turnoff to many women. She said many women said it implied "fat" and were embarrassed to buy them. :rolleye0014:

wendibird22
08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
:yeahthat: I love their Julie fit.

A couple of years ago I was at Gap looking for their Curvy fit pants and the sales associate told me they were discontinuing them b/c the name "curvy" was a turnoff to many women. She said many women said it implied "fat" and were embarrassed to buy them. :rolleye0014:

OMG, that's ridiculous. Hopefully ATL won't discontinue their Julie fit on account of a hoard of angry stick thin Julie's.

Izzy&Bella
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm a fan of the Julie cut at ATL and just had to share that I'm rockin these (http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Apparel/LOFT-Pants/Julie-New-Boot-Cut-Pants-in-Sanded-Cotton-Sateen/264894?colorExplode=false&skuId=90151187&catid=catl000014&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=3727) pants today and I'm loving them. Comfy, soft material, eased through hip and thigh w/out being baggy. Love them. I'm a pear shaped petite who usually has issues with gapping/too big waist and these don't do that.

The pants are part of the 12-hour sale that is going on now.