PDA

View Full Version : What age range is the FP Learning Home good for?

rolypoly27
08-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I bought 2 of the FP Laugh & Learn Learning Homes during the TRU BOGO sale -- one for my 6mo and one for my niece's 1st birthday. I haven't put it out for my DD yet because I thought she was too young for it. She's sitting up though and just started crawling, does that mean she's ready for it? And will it be too late to give it to DN for her 1st birthday in a couple months? Should I just give it to her early now so she can start enjoying it at 10 months? I'm thinking of returning it and getting a different gift if it won't last much past age 1.

KrisM
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
My kids all got it for their 1st birthday, so they were 8 months, 6 months, and 5 months :). We just kept wrapping it up every 2 years.

But, it got used often from 6 months to about 2.5 years and even when we had it out for DS2 and DS1 was 5, he'd play with it. Older kids enjoyed it when they visited too.

So, yeah, I'd get it out and give it to a 1 year old.

new_mom_mry
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
My DS began using it when he was 8 months old...he LOVES it. I would say that as long as your DC can sit up well unassisted, he/she would be ready to enjoy playing with it.

waitingforgrace
08-11-2011, 03:08 PM
This is really going to vary by child. We gave one to DD at 11 months. She played with it quite a bit but now at 18 months she's over it, she hardly ever touches it. In hindsight we should have given it to her earlier.

BabyBearsMom
08-11-2011, 03:47 PM
My DD is 16 months and she would love it. She has the FP Laugh n' Learn Kitchen and Laugh n' Learn Tool Bench. She has had the kitchen since Christmas and still plays with it constantly. Her method of play has changed since then, but the same toy. She got the Tool Bench in June (she ws 14 months) and still really likes it. If I had the space I would do the learning home as well for her. She would love going in and out of the door etc.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
we got the FP Learning Home for DS on Christmas..he was 11mos. Now he's 19 mos. Honestly, it seems like he is getting more use/fun out of it now..he can appreciate it more, it seems. It was around 17mos that he could identify the shapes (circle, square, triangle, star) and actually put them in the correct slots. He was very proud of himself when he was finally able to do that, and now he gets a kick out of putting them in. :) On the house he likes to point and identify things (sun, moon, etc), put key in the door, etc.

So i definitely think that 1yo is not too old at all. I think that is an awesome gift for a niece!

I don't think 6mo is too young either though. The door i'm sure is fun for little babies to crawl through.

wendibird22
08-11-2011, 04:19 PM
We gave it to DD2 for Xmas...she turned 1yo the week before. She and DD1 (who is 4yo) are still playing with it 7mo later. Both like to play the music and DD2 loves to deliver the mail. DD1 gets a kick out of using it as the entryway to any tent/fort we build.

BDKmom
08-11-2011, 04:41 PM
We didn't get it for DS until he was 13 or 14 months, when I first read about it here. At 18 months he still loves it. As others have said, he plays with it differently now than he did at first. He used to just push all the buttons to hear different sounds, now he pays attention to what it is saying and has learned "open" and "up" from the door and window. He also was very pleased when he learned where the shapes go. Now he is learning the names of the shapes and the colors. We have also had 3 and 4 year olds who come to visit and love playing with it. I would think 8-10 months is a good age to get it out and that you will keep it out for quite a while. It is by far my favorite toy.

To the PP whose 18 month old doesn't play with it anymore, they may come back to it in a few weeks. DS has done that with several toys. He moves on to something else for a while, but then comes back when he is a little more advanced developementally and plays with the toy in a different way.