PDA

View Full Version : s/o How do you/what do you wear with ankle boots?

WitMom
08-13-2011, 08:43 AM
The other thread about ankle boots really has some cute options and got me thinking about buying a pair. But I have no idea how to wear them. At all. Like the ones with the cute ankle straps...do you tuck your jeans in to show the detail? Or do you just wear your pants over them and cover the details.

scriptkitten
08-13-2011, 09:46 AM
I mostly just wear skinny jeans and flares, in general. With the skinny jeans I usually let them go inside the cuff of the ankle boot. With a bootcut or flare jean you'd definitely end up covering the boot, which is fine.

In my opinion every sort of top goes with an ankle boot and skinnies. Just buy a boot that is wider around the ankle. Western or Moto inspired boots are very easy to work with.

LexyLou
08-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Skinny jeans and leggings mostly.

I sometimes get "brave" and wear a capri length legging with a tunic top.

hillview
08-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for posting -- it doesn't make any sense to me. I guess I need to find skinny jeans ...

WitMom
08-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Hmmm, I was afraid skinny jeans were going to be the answer. I do not have a "skinny jeans" body (nor am I particularly "hip"), but I really like some of those boots. Going to have to think this through some more.

citymama
08-15-2011, 06:54 AM
I hate skinny jeans. I wear my ankle boots with my bootcut jeans or leggings.

TamiRuns
08-15-2011, 07:18 AM
I hate skinny jeans. I wear my ankle boots with my bootcut jeans or leggings.

:yeahthat: My pear shaped body hates skinny jeans!! :D My ankle boots will be covered by bootcut jeans mostly.

WitMom
08-16-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm a pear, too. The thought of putting skinny jeans on is enough to make me break out in hives.

DrSally
08-16-2011, 09:53 PM
I've also seen really fashionable people wear them w/skirts.