PDA

View Full Version : we're booked! and i'm sure i'll have a ton more questions now ;)

Seitvonzu
08-13-2011, 11:37 AM
About a week ago MIL calls and says that if we wanted to do AKL she would pay the difference between that and the money they were going to put into our trip. seeing that our dates qualified for free dining and having the green light on what was our prefered lodging from the very start (despite the shortcomings of location), i went ahead and booked!

so we're now all set to stay at AKL for 6 nights/7 days in january!!! hooray! :) we have a savannah view room and are on the regular dining plan. I have a few ADRS set in place and lucy has a bibbidi bobbidi boutique appointment for before we go to cinderella's royal table in the castle for dinner.

i'm really really excited! we're definitely going to go to Boma for dinner once, and we're doing the supercalifragilistic breakfast at the grand floridian on our Epcot day. We also really like the idea of the buffet at 'Ohana one night (and i have that booked but i'm going to have to look at our timing b/c i might be overscheduling us).

one day DH and i are planning to go to universal (harry potter) while the inlaws take care of lu-- they plan to hang at magic kingdom which i think will be really low key and awesome. on that day i'm thinking dh might have dinner at epcot after universal...so i wanted to keep the flexibility of having tickets for that day. does that sound like WAY TOO MUCH? i always figure-- we can relax AFTER disney, at home ;)

we don't have park hoppers on our tickets, but we figure that's okay because we did get 7 days of tickets and are getting to florida early on the first day and leaving in the evening on the last day (so our hope is to get a little park time in on those days even if it means going to animal kingdom near the resort).

once i get the whole schedule worked out, i'm going to ask what you experts think. i soak up this board like crazy because i find all the disboards/allears/tripadvisor reviews a little overwhelming. thanks for your help!

crl
08-13-2011, 11:40 PM
How fun!

Catherine

maydaymommy
08-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Yay! Sounds great.

I just wanted to recommend the easywdw website.
Our wdw trip isn't for another 2 months, but i have found that site helpful and manageable.

TwinFoxes
08-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Ooh, how exciting. I'm living vicariously through you. I loved AKL when we went for a dinner. Be sure to get night vision goggles (they loan them out) and check out the animals. I really liked Boma. The lodge is so pretty. :) You'll have a blast.