PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your food containers for leftovers please

lovebebes
08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Which ones do you use to store food in the fridge? What do you like about them? Thanks!!

hillview
08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Pyrex all the way. I have rounds but would have prefered rectangle if I'd been thinking (take up less space etc). Also I would only get a few sizes (like 3) as the lids can become silly (looking for ONE specific lid).

nrp
08-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I have a couple sets of the Glasslock containers from Costco. My newest set (the one they have out now) is better, as it is both freezer safe and oven safe (former set was not oven safe).

vludmilla
08-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I love my Pyrex too and 2nd the rec for square and rectangle shape (I too have the round ones, unfortunately).

waitingforgrace
08-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Pyrex, although I don't mind the round ones.

Melaine
08-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I have a couple sets of the Glasslock containers from Costco. My newest set (the one they have out now) is better, as it is both freezer safe and oven safe (former set was not oven safe).

:yeahthat: I love them although someone mentioned it would be nicer to have all rectangles rather than a mix of round and rectangular. They are great though!

katydid1971
08-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Another fan of the Glasslock containers.

lovebebes
08-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow, thanks, I had no idea about Pyrex containers. To be honest I didn't even think of glass as a possibility, and was wondering about plastic, which I suppose I should have mentioned!
We don't use a microwave, so the containers never get used for heating up anything, just to store food in fridge.
I dont know If it makes sense for me to switch us to glass..we are really used to quickly tossing these things (dh in the morning when packing his lunch, me when I wash them, my mom when putting them away)..
Any recs for plastic ones?
Ps though I'm definitely putting the pyrex on my list, to just have a couple on hand would be good for greasy things like pasta etc.

tiapam
08-14-2011, 12:02 AM
These are great:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/food-containers-storage/set-of-12-storage-bowls-with-clear-lids/s380520

You can also buy them individually and you can buy extra lids. I find glass so much easier to clean by hand and I think my dishwasher does a better job with glass too.

For plastic I like Tellfresh:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?showDS=true&Nmpt=&Ntt=tellfresh&submit=GO

but I don't put it in the dishwasher.

MizMojoLaveau
08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I also have the set of three of the round pyrex ones with the red lids and love them. I don't have much to compare to as this was my first set of this type (getting away from plastic).

AnnieW625
08-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I use Pyrex, Corningware, or Tupperware. I love my Tupperware (:bag, not sure if I need this or not). Most of it was a wedding gift, and honestly even though it is plastic I still love it and would be lost without it. I also have a few pieces of Snapware I got in a Costco lunch set last year that I like too. For the Corningware and the Pyrex I just use Glad Press N Seal or saran wrap.