PDA

View Full Version : Shoes? Another question?

KLD313
08-13-2011, 08:52 PM
More questions. How quick do kids feet grow at this age? Also has anyone used TKS shoes from Sears? They have a soft bottom but at the toe and heel there is a rubber patch, wondering if that's ok? The size chart shows her foot as a two but I could barely squeeze her foot in the 2. In the 3 they fit fine and had maybe a 1/4 inch at the toe, is that OK? I told I'm clueless.

------------------------

We're going to FL next month and my DD will be a wk shy of 1 yr. I usually don't put her in shoes. She crawls like crazy and is just starting to stand. I'm figuring by then she'll be standing even better. Does she need shoes? I just realized I know nothing about baby shoes, sizing, type, etc.

magrat
08-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Yes she will. We took our daughter at 7 or 8 months and she often stood holding on to benches, just to get a break from the stroller. Just something with a very soft sole like robeez, pediped originals, or jack and lily would be perfect.

abh5e8
08-13-2011, 10:16 PM
i'm in the same boat...ds is 10 months, cruising all over the house. we leave friday for a week in Colorado and i'm thinking tonight i need to order him some shoes. i was really impressed with how flexible the soles on Toms are (we tried them on in a store today). but for a non-walker, i think the simple leather robeez are a great choice.

KLD313
08-14-2011, 10:49 AM
So the kind that say pre-walker? How do I know how to size them? Will she need socks with them? I wasn't joking when I said I'm clueless.

crl
08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
So the kind that say pre-walker? How do I know how to size them? Will she need socks with them? I wasn't joking when I said I'm clueless.

Robeez and the like are pretty flexible in sizing. My kids have big feet so they have usually been in the corresponding age range or up one size. You can go either way in socks. I prefer without unless it is cold because I am lazy, but dh thinks the shoes leave red marks and the kid needs socks.

My favorites for dd were Shoo Shoos, btw, and I was able to find them on sale on their website for less than Robeez.

Catherine

magrat
08-14-2011, 11:39 AM

Most of the brands have websites that allow you to print a sizing chart. Otherwise just buy 12-18 month size, it'll probably be okay.

anonomom
08-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Target sells a line of Robeez knockoffs that are great for kids just starting to learn to stand/walk. They're cheap (around $14, iirc) and you can take baby to the store and try on the various sizes. They're in the baby aisles with the socks and things.

If you're going to be in FL, I wouldn't worry too much about socks. The only reason for wearing socks in that climate is if the elastic in the shoes cuts into your little one's feet (though we didn't really have that problem with Robeez or the Target kind).

AnnieW625
08-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Target sells a line of Robeez knockoffs that are great for kids just starting to learn to stand/walk. They're cheap (around $14, iirc) and you can take baby to the store and try on the various sizes. They're in the baby aisles with the socks and things.

I bought those for DD1 when she was about 11 months old and I hated them because they got dirty quite easily and they weren't as easy to maintain as Robeez, however for DD2 I did buy her some before she started crawling for the fall/winter and they worked fine. I actually really preferred Bobux Originals this time in style for DD2 and I got them at Whole Foods of all places. I also really like Pediped Originals too. Crocs also great for prewalkers, that is what really helped DD1 start being more confident when she was walking.

MizMojoLaveau
08-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Of the soft sole moc type, you'd probably want to go with the sandal ones for FL. I know robeez makes those--the other suggested brands may, also.

sunshine873
08-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Robeez are good, but for DD, my absolute favorites were Pediped Originals.

KLD313
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
More questions in first post, thanks.