PDA

View Full Version : Custom jeans, wish me luck! UPDATE POST 8

crl
08-13-2011, 11:39 PM
UPDATE in post 8

So a few months ago I bought a deal on mamasource for custom jeans from Indi.

http://www.indicustom.com/custom-jeans-indiDenim

I finally got around to getting out the measuring tape and making all my choices tonight. I got the heavier weight denim because some of the yelp reviews said the lighter weight stretched out a lot. I chose a pretty plain dark rinse, relaxed fit, straight legs, the highest rise (I know, I know but higher rises are coming back and I am really long through the hips so a high rise on me is more like an average rise on most people.)

Hope they turn out well!

Catherine

elbenn
08-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Custom made jeans--very interesting. Please update us on how well they fit.

crl
08-14-2011, 02:09 AM
I will report in. They are supposed to take 4 weeks to ship though so it will be awhile.

Catherine

hillview
08-14-2011, 07:30 AM
oooh report back!!

TamiRuns
08-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Can't wait to hear your feedback! Good luck!

DrSally
08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Exciting!

sidmand
08-17-2011, 12:39 PM
My husband bought me a Groupon for Indi jeans. Took me forever to order 'cause I was hoping to "lose just a little" but I finally ordered. I was a little worried I got the measurements wrong but they came and they fit. They're pretty cool. I got a darker wash and higher waist too. I got the trouser jeans. They did take 4+ weeks to come. I actually contacted them about 4 1/2 weeks and they said they should be shipping any day so I'm not sure if they forgot or it was just a coincidence!

I've only had them for a few months so no experience with the lifetime alterations or reordering or anything but it's a neat idea.

crl
10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
These came a couple of weeks ago so here is a quick review.

I like them! They are just as ordered and fit nicely. I especially like the back pocket with the flap that I chose. I got a deal on them and don't know that I would pay full price, just because that is way more than I pay for jeans. It would be very convenient to just reorder tweaking as desired. For example, I ordered straight legs, but I could reorder another pair changing to bootcut.

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions.

Catherine