PDA

View Full Version : Tips for taking down/cleaning pool

KrystalS
08-14-2011, 05:39 PM
We were out of town for about 3 weeks recently and came home to a very gross pool. It is an above ground with the poles. I had planned to take it down at the end of the summer anyway. I spend more time keeping it clean than DD spends swimming in it!

Anyone have any tips for getting it clean and dried out? I have no idea how I'm going to get it completely dry so I can store it. We have a fence but I would worry about getting a hole in the liner.

liz
08-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Usually at the end of the season we drain the pool and use a hose to rinse it off. Then we hang it from our deck or playset just to let the sun get to it and let any residual water drain off.

Your pool water sounds really dirty so I would try to get any debris out first and then I would treat the water and use a brush to get off any remaining algae/slime. If you don't, I would imagine you will have algae etc stuck to the walls and floor of the pool and it will be much harder to clean the pool if it is drained of water and lying on the ground. good luck!

chozen
08-15-2011, 09:57 AM
not sure if you have a garage, but we clean ours as it is draining and then take it down put it back up in garage and let it air dry for a couple of days.