PDA

View Full Version : high heel question

DrSally
08-14-2011, 10:18 PM
I bought my first pair of really high heels--3" and slim heel, but I feel surprisingly stable. I tried on the 9, but there was a bit of a gap in the back, enough to make my foot slide out of the shoe while walking. So, I tried the 8.5, and they're snug in the toebox. I ended up with the 8.5, but I'm wondering if the 9 with a gripper gel pad in the front would work better? Is there suppose to be a bit of a gap in the back of a high heel shoe? I'm wondering b/c of the height of the heel and the foot naturally sliding forward, but then if you have a pointy toe, you don't want your foot smooshed into the narrowest part, KWIM?

If this makes any sense, thank you for reading! I have no clue about heels.

mimi2008
08-15-2011, 01:32 AM
that happens to me too. i hate it when the back of the shoe slips off. for me, the problem is usually due to my foot slipping forward into the shoe too much, leaving a gap at the back so I actually insert a ball of the foot pad into the shoe. works well for me. Makes the front of the shoe just a little tighter and provides some grip/friction for your foot, but still comfortable because it's extra padding. If you try this, don't get the gel ones. i hear that if your feet sweat, it can make a squeaky noise with each step. gross.

DrSally
08-15-2011, 10:45 PM
that happens to me too. i hate it when the back of the shoe slips off. for me, the problem is usually due to my foot slipping forward into the shoe too much, leaving a gap at the back so I actually insert a ball of the foot pad into the shoe. works well for me. Makes the front of the shoe just a little tighter and provides some grip/friction for your foot, but still comfortable because it's extra padding. If you try this, don't get the gel ones. i hear that if your feet sweat, it can make a squeaky noise with each step. gross.

Thanks. I'm wondering if I should get the larger size and use the pad. Thanks for the tip on avoiding th gel ones!

arivecchi
08-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Definitely go for the bigger size and do an insert in the front. Enjoy your new heels! :)

DrSally
08-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Definitely go for the bigger size and do an insert in the front. Enjoy your new heels! :)

Ok! I'm taking the advice from the heel expert! The larger fit perfect in every other way but the heel slippage. The smaller were tight in the toe box

arivecchi
08-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Having a too tight shoe is the worst, so I always err on the side of a bigger shoe!

kozachka
08-16-2011, 07:11 PM
If it were me, I'd find a pair from another brand that fits well everywhere. Sounds like you are in between sizes in the brand that you tried on.

DrSally
08-16-2011, 10:13 PM
If it were me, I'd find a pair from another brand that fits well everywhere. Sounds like you are in between sizes in the brand that you tried on.

Could be. These are my first true high heels. I got them b/c they fit my wide feet and make them look feminine, and I actually feel stable in them. I just don't understand how with a 3" heel, the foot doesn't slide forward into the pointy part and become uncomfortable.

ThreeofUs
08-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Could be. These are my first true high heels. I got them b/c they fit my wide feet and make them look feminine, and I actually feel stable in them. I just don't understand how with a 3" heel, the foot doesn't slide forward into the pointy part and become uncomfortable.

I've always thought it has to do with the last, the inside of the sole, shape. A fairly flat heel bed and flat toe bed will sway the heck out of my back, but will support my feet pretty well.

Congrats on your new shoes!

DrSally
08-16-2011, 10:37 PM
I've always thought it has to do with the last, the inside of the sole, shape. A fairly flat heel bed and flat toe bed will sway the heck out of my back, but will support my feet pretty well.

Congrats on your new shoes!

I see! Interesting. Never thought I could wear heels, but these looked pretty good on me.