PDA

View Full Version : Post partum c-section belt???

bisous
08-14-2011, 11:55 PM
This may sound gross but after my c-sections I feel like my insides are just about to fall out. I think this is the number one complaint I have about my recovery. I can't bend or move without feeling like I'm going to lose my internal organs! I'm wondering if any of you mamas have ever tried something to kind of "hold you in" after your sections?

Maybe it is a tall order but I'd love something that didn't bind the incision but that provided support to the entire abdominal region.

Anyone BTDT?

TIA!

ha98ed14
08-15-2011, 02:24 AM
I had c section and I remember that feeling. I had a giant piece of elastic prob 3 feet long and 18 inches wide. It had velco down the 18 inch sides and wrapped around like a giant belt. I was supposed to wear it over the area from my navel down over my hips. They gave it to me in the hospital. I wore it over my pants but under my shirt. I don't remember the name, but I know they make one.

bisous
08-15-2011, 07:51 AM
THank you! I'll ask my OB. She's very experienced so maybe she's familiar with something similar and can point me to a website or store that I can get something for!

anonomom
08-15-2011, 08:39 AM
There was a good article on alphamom.com about a week or two ago about postpartum support belts:

http://alphamom.com/your-life/postpartum/postpartum-belly-binders-help-or-hype/

That author used a Belly Bandit and like it a lot after her c-section.

I've been wondering how these kinds of belts work on plus-sized moms. My big concern is that after my cs, I hated anything pressing on my abdomen, which kind of seems like this kind of belt's whole purpose in life.

amldaley
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
I had one. My doctor had to write a script for it before my c-section. I think it was called a post surgery abdominal binder.

bisous
08-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I think I'll ask about that abdominal binder. Chances are it is covered at 100% through my insurance so it couldn't hurt to try.

Reading up about belly binding (and I had a post in the lounge as well) I'm also intrigued by the Belly Bandit. If I can afford it, I think I'll spring for one! It sounds just like what I needed to feel supported and not all loosey-goosey. I really think this was my WORST Post C symptom last two times around so it would be great to find something that alleviated it!!

THANKS!