PDA

View Full Version : Why am I procrastinating so much...

BabbyO
08-15-2011, 11:43 PM
35 weeks. DS came VERY quickly and 4 days early.

-Bag for hospital - not packed
-Bag for DS - not packed
-DH's hospital bag - not packed
-Birth plan - not written
-Baby's room - sorta done. Need to put clothes in dresser, get diapers out, hang new blind, rehang curtains, put sheet on bed (everything else is set to go with crib)....clean stuff out that has gotten "dumped"
-Plan for DS when DH and I are in the hospital - loosely put together. As long as my parents are around (baby isn't too early when they're on Vaca) they'll get DS. If not...well, I don't have a backup yet.
-Work - complete and total disarray...not at ALL ready to leave
-Carseat - not installed yet (though in a pinch both cars have a convertible that would work fine. The EFTA is even REALLY easy to adjust shoulder harnesses.

Why can't I get motivated to do these things....I know I need to...but I just procrastinate. I won't even mention the GIANORMOUS painting project we have going on right now (see poll in lounge about garage door).

Anyone else in my shoes?

bisous
08-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Totally in your shoes. I'm 35 weeks (approx.) as well.

Bag--not remotely packed. I don't even have my baby clothes at my house! I have to get them from my mother's home!
Car seat--don't own yet. This is my 3rd DS and I'm getting one for my "shower" (and I know how you feel about that! It is my 3rd boy--ridiculous, yes, typical for area, also yes. My friends are insisting!) My shower is on Sept. 8th! C-section is scheduled for Sept. 12th. Yikes!

Lots of other things are pending--yet I accomplished almost nothing today. I was just too tired!

Yes, I get it!

BayGirl2
08-16-2011, 12:43 AM
I think we're all due in the same week.
My stuff at home is mostly under control - mostly because I didn't need a lot and have been overshopping for girl clothes. I still have a list of things to get done, but most could be figured out during my expected long labor.

But work is the area where I am SO NOT PREPARED. Not only am I totally behind, but I have zero motivation to actually get work done every day. (See my stroller post about a field trip to stroller shop this afternoon.) My bosses are freaking out about me being out to the point that its like I should feel guilty about having a personal life, and I refuse to feel guilty. As of today we've finally identified a replacement, he starts Aug 31, my DD is Sept 16. So you'd think I should be using this time to get things in order while I can, but no. Instead I'm starting to wish I could just go into labor now and not have to deal with it at all. But eventually I will, I'm coming back to work and my clients aren't going anywhere (hopefully).

Seriously need some motivation!

sewarsh
08-16-2011, 07:34 AM
i'm 37 weeks and feel like i'm in really good shape, but i haven't done any of the things you mentioned. i dont really get the whole pack bag thing....i mean, don't you just wear the same things over and over and use the same products day after day? so how are you supposed to pack them?

when its time to go i just have a list and grab everything at that time.

Bens Momma
08-16-2011, 08:20 AM
I could have written your post almost exactly with the exception of my job!! I don't know if it's because this is our third, but I am really behind and I'm starting to panic as we also have to celebrate the boys' birthdays before I'm due :47: Help! I did clean the stroller and got the carseat ready but honestly that's about it. I don't even have a homecoming outfit for the baby yet. DS is much more "laid back" than I am, but I think even he is starting to feel worried about getting everything done. He keeps saying that I'll have more time to get things done once the kids go back to school, but I know that I'll probably have absolutely no energy by then and things will come up at school. Guess I better figure it out quick, cause I'm running out of time!

Best of luck to the rest of you for getting it done and having smooth deliveries!
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and the third musketeer arriving in early Fall!

MommytoEliana
08-16-2011, 08:57 AM
I can relate! I'm 40 weeks plus now and it's just been in the last few days I've tossed stuff into a bag for baby. (Too much, honestly, but I want to dress her in a couple of cute outfits while we're at the hospital and take some fun pictures if we're up for it, so I figured I might as well bring several options.)

But a bag for me? Nope. Everything I would pack is in use every day except for my nursing camisole, so there isn't much point until I actually will be going to the hospital. I do have a list made in case someone else needs to pack it up for me; I should probably print that out and have it somewhere accessible.

Up until a few days ago we didn't have a reliable camera, and it was driving me crazy! DH finally picked up a Panasonic Lumix at Costco last week, so hopefully we're happy with it.

Still need a mattress pad for baby's crib as for the life of me I can't find the one we used to have. Picked one up from Target yesterday and was about to wash it until I saw the "air dry" instructions. Um, no. I need something that can go in the dryer, thank you!

Fabric for baby's curtains hasn't arrived yet. Crib skirt isn't made yet (my mom will make when she comes in a couple of weeks)...and actually I still need to order some of the fabric for it. Still don't have a lamp for the baby's room as I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on the PB Teen one that I like the best so far. I need to double-check the dimensions to see if it will even work well on the side table I bought.

Finally hung the baby quilt on the wall, only to decide that it wasn't the right spot after all. We do now have a plan in place on where to hang everything (and I think it is the right one this time) but now we actually need to _do_ it.

We still need to pick up the stroller frame that we're borrowing from a friend and make sure that the Keyfit will actually work in it. (It works in the newer models I tried in the store but I don't know about the 2004 Snap'n'Go.) Otherwise we need to bite the bullet and purchase a new stroller.

Need to wash the seat from our Zooper A/T stroller as that is the one that will be used for neighborhood walks and it desperately needs a good cleaning. Probably have to go to a laundromat for that, though.

I have no meals in the freezer for postpartum days. It's been too hot and I just haven't felt like cooking this pregnancy.

Things I can actually mark off my list (that I procrastinated on too long--maybe it's a good thing this baby is late like her siblings): sibling shirts arrived, big sibling gifts are wrapped and ready to bring to the hospital, going home outfit is washed and in the bag, baby afghan and coming home hat are both finished (crocheted by me), at least one crib sheet is washed (still need to find the others for backups), initial boxes of diapers and wipes are purchased, carseat is installed....

Thanks for letting me join in!

bw52
08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, I'm a few weeks behind you, but am in even worse shape!

We're moving in a few weeks (out of state--and just found out), so let's see I still need to find a dr there (that one's the biggie!), find a pediatrician, wash all baby's clothes (we're reusing from dd so we don't have too much to buy, but it all needs to be washed first) ATER we move (which is AFTER we find a house to live in), and unpack my whole house (after packing everything up here)--and hope I can find all the baby supplies before baby is born. And I have a list of things that I need to buy (mainly little things, but the list is getting longer every day as I realize more thing I need), but I haven't bought ANYTHING yet.

Basically I have about everything to do and can't do any of it really until after we move. I have a feeling dd and baby's rooms (separate rooms) aren't going to be together/unpacked at all when baby comes. We'll just have to work on it after, I guess.

BabbyO
08-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Well, I guess writing this post motivated me a little. I got the birth plan knocked out last night.

Since DS is going to grandma & grandpa's today & tomorrow, I got a good feel for what I need to get packed for him. I'm hoping to get the non-essential, non-everyday items packed and a list for the rest of the items.

Thank goodness the baby's clothes are all being reused, and they were washed, packed in space bags, then in rubbermaid. I'm going to skip re-washing (I probably shouldn't...but meh). I still need to bring them up and put them away.

As for my bag...I can probably pack that fairly well. I tend to have "travel" everything because I HATE the last minute packing before trips - I ALWAYS forget something. Travel makeup, travel toiletries, etc. Its the nursing tops that have me a bit tied up...one of them happens to be my favorite jammies right now....

I didn't even think about the stuff for the baby in the hospital...or maybe I just planned on having it in my bag! :)

Oh, and I guess I feel more pressure to have everything ready because last time we were pulling out of the drive way 1 hr before DS was born...things went a little TOO quickly and the doctor expects them to go even more quickly this time. I don't think there will be much time to grab last minute items when I have to think of them for myself AND DS...DH is on his own!

Baygirl - I hear you...I haven't been motivated to work in weeks...but I think that is partially due to being really tired and having difficulty focusing.

BayGirl2
08-16-2011, 03:45 PM
i dont really get the whole pack bag thing....i mean, don't you just wear the same things over and over and use the same products day after day? so how are you supposed to pack them?

when its time to go i just have a list and grab everything at that time.

:yeahthat: I tried to start last night and he's what's in my bag: Nightgown and robe that I have specifically for the hospital, pair of underwear to wear home, coming home outfit for baby......um, that's it. Any other clothes I need to wear between now and then, probably like 5 more times at this rate. Last time I had a 28 hour labor and I plan to spend most of that at home, so I should have time to throw a shirt or two into the bag. I did't use much stuff that I brought to the hospital anyway.

Thank goodness the baby's clothes are all being reused, and they were washed, packed in space bags, then in rubbermaid. I'm going to skip re-washing (I probably shouldn't...but meh). I still need to bring them up and put them away.

I'm not rewashing either. All of DS's stuff was clean when put into plastic bins <2 years ago. Not sure I see the point of rewashing unless it has a stain or looks dirty. Anything I got new or hand me down has been washed. All the baby clothes are actually well organized and ready to go. I had to do that to stop myself from shopping!

BabbyO
08-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I had to do that to stop myself from shopping!

I should probably purchase SOMETHING for this baby, just so we can say that he got something from mom & dad! He doesn't have a single stitch of new clothing. It is all hand-me-downs from his big brother, older cousin, or friends of mine from work.