PDA

View Full Version : Favorite maternity shops

Amy G
08-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I realize we are from all over, but what are your favorite maternity shops?

abh5e8
08-16-2011, 06:58 PM
gap and boden, sometimes target

Kindra178
08-16-2011, 10:12 PM
japanese weekend

Amy G
08-16-2011, 10:41 PM
I have enjoyed Gap jeans the best, because I am short. Their ankle length is the best for me.

I like Macy's for their reasonable prices on clothes.

I have bought a few things from Old Navy and I am very happy so far.

In Walnut Creek, CA there is a great consignment store that I absolutely love! I found a pair of Gap jeans for $12!

jennilynn
08-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Pickles and Ice Cream was my favorite b&m store to shop in, but it's pricey so I only bought one shirt from there on clearance (and it was still a splurge but I wore it a lot.) Most of my wardrobe came from Target, Gap and Old Navy.

mjs64
08-17-2011, 01:25 AM
I usually hate the Gap for regular clothes but found my cutest maternity items there--and much better priced than, say Pea in the Pod. Look for sales.

lizzywednesday
08-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I bought my first-ever Gap anything while pregnant.

I also stalked Old Navy for dresses & tops; their pants made me cry because they were all under-belly and I preferred full-panel. I loved their long-sleeve tees best - nice weight, fairly decent quality and wash well.

MIL bought me some tops and things at Christmas from Motherhood, and they were pretty, but there was one sweater that was dreadful - it left lint all over everything. (Damn shame, too, because it was a cute sweater.)

And I broke down and bought jeans from Motherhood online because nobody else carried Tall sizes.

To round things out, I bought tights, new undies and yoga pants from Target and a new wool/cashmere blend (non maternity) winter coat from Land's End.

And, for my brother's wedding, I bought a dress from Nordstrom. Online and on sale, of course.

Tobermory
08-17-2011, 01:44 PM
i LOVED ASOS - british company. they don't have stores in the US but ship for free and their stuff is reasonably priced (great sales!!) and looks like "normal" clothes. :)
http://us.asos.com/Maternity-clothing-Shop-for-maternity-clothes/todvt/?cid=5813

boltfam
08-17-2011, 02:45 PM
i LOVED ASOS - british company. they don't have stores in the US but ship for free and their stuff is reasonably priced (great sales!!) and looks like "normal" clothes. :)
http://us.asos.com/Maternity-clothing-Shop-for-maternity-clothes/todvt/?cid=5813

My very trendy friend just ordered some stuff from there.

emily
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM

ooooo so pretty. I'm going to bookmark this site. If I had known I would be pregnant again, I would've bought more investment maternity clothes the first two times around. I hate that I have to invest more money on maternity clothes again.

AnnieW625
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Japanese Weekend was my favorite.

If you don't work outside the home and need more casual stuff I found most of that at Target. Their Liz Lange line for the most part is very cute. I also got a lot of stuff from Gap, but there aren't Gap Maternity stores in every location and if you order online you can't return to the store in many cases (:shake:). I am sure there is a big one in Walnut Creek, or San Francisco. It's too far, but I know there was one in Roseville.

I don't know if they carry any maternity clothes, but there is a nice baby store in Downtown Davis (I know that's a bit of a drive) called Mother & Baby Source. I had moved before I needed their services, but I went in when I lived there looking for baby gifts and they always had nice stuff.

Boden has some super cute stuff much like Japanese Weekend, but they have free shipping and free returns a lot of the time. I'll never know as I am done have kids, but if I was pregnant now I'd probably check some of it out.

If you do any kind of consignment shopping also look for Baby Style, or Cadeau (Baby Style's expensive brand). Baby Style went out of business sometime in 2009.

misshollygolightly
08-18-2011, 07:10 PM
My all-time favorite maternity clothes are from Thyme, a Canadian maternity chain. I discovered them when I "popped" while attending a conference in Victoria last fall. I bought some jeans and two tops there and I swear I wore those jeans every day of the entire pregnancy and they still look and feel great!