PDA

View Full Version : Planned co-sleeping families: Does your bedding match?

lalasmama
08-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Okay, it's a totally silly question that really doesn't matter, and I'm 100% I'm over thinking this....

If you planned to have baby sleep in your room in his/her own crib, did you match the crib bedding to your bedding?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the money to match the upcoming foster baby's bedding to something like mine since our beds will be in the same room. The bedding isn't really "expensive" (under $70) per set.

Here's my bedding: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7958795&findingMethod=rr

And here's the crib's planned bedding: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Seed-Sprout-4-Piece-Damask-Crib-Bedding-Set-Black-and-White/9124239

I have 2 sheet sets for my bed in bright pink and teal, as well as 2 fitted sheets in the same colors for the baby's crib, and I won't use the crib blanket will be over the (always unused) rocking chair to break up some of the busy-ness. And I will openly admit that I'm freakishly obsessed with having a room that matches as far as colors/look/"feel".

C'mon, I just need someone else to tell me that since the baby will be in my room, her bedding should match mine, and don't babies prefer black and white anyway? ;)

mjs64
08-17-2011, 12:40 AM
I did :bag

Match the bedding.

Hey, I like my bedroom decor, and if I'm sharing my room, don't I deserve to keep it aesthetically pleasing? Obviously, not a must do. But definitely an "I did."

HTH. Have fun!

ETA: Love your bedspread! Do it!

gatorsmom
08-17-2011, 01:35 AM
I did not. I bought an Arm's Reach cosleeper off Ebay that was blue and my bedroom decor has not a bit of blue in it. :)

But I LOVE, love love the bedding you posted picture of both for your bed and baby's. I definitely think you should treat yourself to this. And yes, absolutely, babies love black and white. So, you are really doing it for the baby's sake, not necessarily to match- right? :wink2:

AnnieW625
08-17-2011, 01:45 AM
If I had enough room for a full size crib in our room I would've thought more about it. With DD1 we just used a pack n play (it was light green because that's what they had at Target), and with DD2 she only wanted to sleep in the Vista (stroller) bassinet, which was black and she slept fine. I like both of those sets. You deserve to do something for yourself, and the baby.

Melanie
08-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Well, that's not really co-sleeping, that is sharing a room. If I had planned for baby's crib, etc. to be in my room, sure why not. I think it would be cute. We co-slept meaning baby was in our bed, baby's unused crib was in a different room, so there was no point to matching.

lalasmama
08-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Well, that's not really co-sleeping, that is sharing a room. If I had planned for baby's crib, etc. to be in my room, sure why not. I think it would be cute. We co-slept meaning baby was in our bed, baby's unused crib was in a different room, so there was no point to matching.

You're right--it's not actual co-sleeping; didn't even think about it when I made the title. Was just trying to seperate the "baby accidently ended up in our room" people versus the people who knew/planned for baby to be in their room :)

scrooks
08-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I love your choices! The bedding is really nice! I wish I would have thought of doing that. We had DS's crib in our room for several months but I was not that coordinated! I am jealous!

Melanie
08-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Now that I can see the links, I do like that print. I can't believe they have it in a crib bedding - what a find!

larig
08-18-2011, 10:13 AM
How could you NOT match them when they are so close! Very cute!!

BDKmom
08-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Love it! I say go for it.

KrisM
08-18-2011, 02:16 PM
We both co-slept and shared a room with the crib. It never occurred to me to buy new crib stuff to match our bedding.

adamlau
09-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Yes and no. I matched the fabric (undyed, minimally processed flax linen), but the sheets are from different vendors (Linoto vs. Rawganique). No prints, no BS, just eco-friendly (as eco-friendly swatches of fabric as you can possibly buy), perfomance-oriented (breathability, stain-resistance, insulation) flax linen all around.

catsnkid
09-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I didn't care. The nursery was matchy. We had a blue cosleeper that didn't clash, I did try to coordinate the sheet colors with the cosleeper- we had white, blue and green sheets on it. I have a sand colored bedspread and many different patterns of sheets.