PDA

View Full Version : Do Converse run narrow?

Uno-Mom
08-17-2011, 02:10 AM
I got a like-new pair of Converse All Stars at a garage sale last weekend. (Lime green! 6 bucks! :)) They are the slip-on kind, not laces. Size 5.

She wore them last night for the first time and we had a horrid time pulling them on her feet. They seem super-tight, even though they are plenty long. Almost too long. Of course, she was determined to make them work once she saw "GREEN SHOES!!" so we finally managed to yank them on.

Do you suppose my kid just has chubby feet, or is it the shoe? Possibly just the slip on style? We haven't noticed this before and she's worn many of the major brands discussed here...

AnnieW625
08-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I am not sure but I think it might vary. DD1 has had a very chubby foot since birth. I once tried on a pair of Converse One Stars at Target and they were too narrow. A few weeks ago I bought her a pair of plain pink lace up Converse All Stars at Kohls and they fit fine. Maybe her foot isn't as wide anymore, which would be great.

robinsmommy
08-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Looks like both my girls will have narrow feet - they started slimming out when the baby fat started disappearing, and got slimmer until age 6 or so.

I do find that Converse are narrow - I can't wear them, and Sprog's feet prolly still have some nice baby plumpness to them at that age.

FWIW, I do find that they also run big/long - so maybe as her feet do slim down, the length may allow her to wear them then.

BabyDahl
08-17-2011, 02:49 PM
For adults, yes, they run narrow, particularly at the toe. And the design makes your feet look long. My DD has a baby pair that never really fit her chubby feet (size 1, I think? They were a gift)

FWIW, I can't wear these to work because they don't provide enough arch support (12 hour shifts, usually in scrubs and sneakers). But when I was younger, I loved them for everyday at school--I think I wore them comfortably from 5th grade thru college.

MommyAllison
08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
My kids have worn them through the chubby foot stage, but the slip on style is harder to put on than the low top lace ups - and the high tops are the hardest of all!

Uno-Mom
08-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Next I'll try them with socks. The first wearing was barefoot and I think her sweaty little feet made it harder. Hopefully they'll slip on easier with socks.

I so hope these stretch out or something ... she is now obsessed with her "green boots." (No idea why she calls them boots - maybe because I have red high top versions and she sees the resemblence?)