PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Input! Plasma Car or Cozy Coupe for 2 1/2 year old?

California
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
WWYD :)?

Neighborhood kids tend to meet up at our house. It's all about wheels-- bikes, trikes, wagons, scooters. We have one plasma car and my youngest can get around in it, but it's so popular she has to wait quite a while for her turn.

I want to get something especially for her (2 1/2 years old.) Would you recommend the Cozy Coupe, or a second plasma car? Thanks to the zulily special and a sale at Toys R Us both would be the same price ($40).

I need to decide ASAP!

arivecchi
08-17-2011, 03:28 PM
My 2.5 yo prefers the cozy coupe. My 4.5 yo can still ride the plasma car though, so it has more longevity.

California
08-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I ride our plasma car so I believe you on the longevity :)

I am leaning towards getting the Cozy Coupe only because I can pick it up today, rather than waiting for the plasma car to get shipped here (14 business days is what's listed on Zulilly.) The kids are still on summer break and she'd play with it every day for the next three weeks.

maylips
08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Not to hijack, but I was thinking the plasma car might be great Christmas gifts for our (will be) 4 1/2 year old and 2 year, 4 month old.

However, we live in the mountains, so it's definitely NOT flat here. Would it be worth the price of $80 for 2 if they could only ride them in our unfinished basement? It's a big basement (1500 sq ft) but that's the only flat area we have on our property.

vludmilla
08-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Plasma car! DD loved it at 2.5 and my 10-13 year old neices and nephews still want to use it! Cozy Coupe might be old news in another year or so.

BayGirl2
08-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Plasma Car seems to much longer useful life.

But Zulily takes forever, I'm trying to wean myself from their site. Costco had them at holidays for like $35, that's the best deal I've seen. DS had plenty of fun w/ his inside, even w/o a lot of space.

elbenn
08-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Both are great. If I can throw out another suggestion, do you have a Kickboard scooter? Those are also great (although cost more than $40).

AnnieW625
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
We got DD1 a Skitter (same thing as Plasma Car, just a different USA based manufacturer (I believe Plasma Car is in Canada) that I now believe is no longer in business) at 2/1/2 and she loves it and she is 5 now. She has never had a Cozy Coupe, but they have one at daycare. My DD2 who isn't walking (but close) is now trying to ride the Skitter. I will most likely get DD2 a new one of her own this Christmas. I don't think we'll do a Cozy Coupe unless I find one at a local garage sale.

Our Costco had the Plasma Cars way past the holidays this year.

California
08-17-2011, 07:49 PM
We test drove the Cozy Coupe today and she really liked it, but it didn't hold her interest as long as the plasma car does. We apparently missed the window for the ride on toys. Her legs are just too long. So, going to order her her own plasma car for her birthday, and call the thrift stores to find a cheap ride on to hold her over for the next month.

California
08-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Also: I think kids would have a blast inside in a 1500 square foot basement. And they can burn off some energy when they are stuck indoors!

And the mini scooter sounds like a lot of fun!

ShayleighCarsensMom
08-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Plasma car! My newly turned 3 year old has been riding his for over a year and loves it. His cozy coupe sits unloved!

baileygirl
08-17-2011, 09:41 PM
We have cozy coupe, plasma, mini kickboard (and a maxi), and a strider. My 2.5 year old tends to ride the strider or mini kickboard. Cozy coupe gets minimial play.