PDA

View Full Version : I purchased a smelly t-shirt

kristenk
08-18-2011, 10:01 AM
I purchased a t-shirt when we were away on vacation a few weeks ago. We were in a tourist area and I got the shirt in a t-shirt store. I didn't notice any sort of odor while we were in the store, but I didn't really think to sniff the shirt.

So, I washed the shirt in with a load of clothes when we came back from vacation. When I went to put it on, I noticed the odd smell. I thought it was weird, but that I just needed to run it through the wash again.

It's been washed several times now. It's currently in the wash after having soaked in a vinegar/water mixture for a while. It still smells.

Is there anything I can do? It's just a fairly basic tee. We purchased 3 shirts (different designs) while we were there and mine is the only one that smells weird. The store is too far away to try to return it. I like the shirt and I'd like to wear it. I just don't want to wear it if it smells.

I can't identify the smell. It's not any sort of body odorish smell. It just seems to be a fabric/ink/processing smell of some sort. Ugh.

div_0305
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Try soaking it in Bac-out. Diluted I guess since it's so darn expensive, or just spraying loads of it on the printed colors which might be causing the smell!

elliput
08-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Try letting hang out in the open air for a couple days.