PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Fighting Over the Volume ...

Toba
08-18-2011, 05:02 PM
On the TV. On the video games. On the iPad or iTouch. Or the computer. I'm sick of it!!!

DS got a hearing/sight check at school about the last month or two of school (so at most 5 months ago) and he's fine. DH got one in the last six months for work. I'm the one who hasn't had one in a long time. And every thing DS and DH watch, play or listen to is too freaking loud.

We have a big screen TV in our family room with an elaborate sound system. I can hear it outside at 15. If they're playing video games, it has to be around 8 or 9 at the most for me to be able to tolerate it. Movies (if I'm watching) or TV, I can tolerate maybe 11 or 12. I've come down here and found DH watching movies at 25 to 30!!!! WTH!!!

And did I mention that *I* am the one with permanent partial hearing loss in one ear? I swear I'm ready to tear down the sound system and throw it out the window.

tamie
08-18-2011, 05:58 PM
I feel the same way! ARGH!!!

KLD313
08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Oh I know what you mean. My boyfriend keeps the tv so loud I can't even think straight, I can hear it all over the house and over the tv I'm watching. Drives me crazy and I worry about out baby's hearing

lizzywednesday
08-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Is it a guy thing? 'Cause my DH and I prefer different volumes, too.

elliput
08-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Is it a guy thing? 'Cause my DH and I prefer different volumes, too.

:yeahthat: DH always turns the volume way up, and I remember my mom complaining about my dad doing the same thing. I get the desire to be "submerged" in the experience, but that should be saved for when everybody wants the experience.

mousemom
08-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I totally get this! DH and I have this argument all the time. I'm always asking him to turn it down.

Cam&Clay
08-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Always having the same argument here. It's always too freaking loud.

crl
08-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Dh bought headphones just to avoid this argument. :ROTFLMAO: I don't watch anyway so it's fine with me that I can't hear when he has the sound coming through the headphones. I make ds turn it down.

I even remember that my dad always listened to the tv too loud. (Still does, but now at least he's in his 70s.) I was the teenager and I thought it was too loud!

Catherine