PDA

View Full Version : OMG, now I understand expensive jeans!

smiles33
08-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I am wearing my new Seven for all Mankind jeans and I lurve them! I have never spent more than $20 on jeans (DKNY, CK and RL jeans at TJMaxx/Marshall's/Ross), but splurged when Amazon had their 20% off clothes sale. I just came back from the bathroom with the full length mirror and my legs look long and lean, my butt looks amazing...Damn, why did I wait this long to invest in great jeans? :love5:

AnnieW625
08-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Aren't they nice?! Which ones did you get? I have two pairs and I love them (I am wearing one pair today). I also have two pairs of Citizens of Humanity jeans (that sadly I haven't worn in 4 yrs!). Non $100 jeans I like Lucky Brand (classic fit), and these Calvin Klein boot cut jeans (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=490577&CategoryID=3111&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%20Jeans%26DENI M_TYPE_OF_LEG%3DBootcut%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D8) (they have a flap pocket, and flap pockets usually look horrible on me) they are currently selling at Costco. I will say that with 7s one pair of mine is getting very worn and thin on the top of the inner leg.

elektra
08-19-2011, 06:56 PM
:cheerleader1:

SkyrMommy
08-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Worth the splurge huh??? You may have just tipped me over the edge, I've been debating and one of the little boutiques downtown is having a small sale that might just make a new pair worth it... are yours a certain Seven type?

boogiemomz
08-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Oh man, I :heartbeat:LOOOVE:heartbeat: my designer jeans! Citizens are my favorite. It's absolutely amazing what they can do for the figure. One of those things that's truly worth the extra $$$, IMO. Enjoy!! :bighand:

arivecchi
08-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah baby!

Soooooo worth it!

My sevens and citizens give me a butt lift, make me look slimmer and taller! It's MAGIC!

Plus they are comfy. :D

♥ms.pacman♥
08-19-2011, 10:09 PM
yay, awesome! i thought the same thing last year when i splurged on designer maternity jeans (Joe's Jeans) for the first time. OMG, i felt AMAZING in them. and they are SO flattering. it gives such a boost, doesn't it? i think i wore them almost everyday the last month of my pregnancy and the month after DD was born. they cost 5 times as much as i usually spend on jeans, but i wore them at least 10x as much, so totally worth every penny!! :)

smiles33
08-19-2011, 11:54 PM
I got the classic bootcut with the double squiggle in a dark wash. It was $99 plus 20% off but now they are back up to $159 now. Yikes! See photo:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31dPpr2CoTL._SX342_.jpg

Related question: the inseam is way too long even with 3" heels (and I'm 5'7"). Do folks hem them? I folded them under today but need a better solution.

arivecchi
08-19-2011, 11:57 PM
I never hem them because I like the long length for heels. I fold the bottom once when wearing with flats.

kozachka
08-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Welcome to the dark side :). I also used to spend $25-30 on jeans at T.J. Maxx/Marshalls/Ross. I still check these stores out for Lucky Jeans Classic Rider, which are my everyday jeans and can be bought for $35 there. I was wearing white Seventh for All Mankind Dojo style jeans for the night out with friends earlier today. I am also 5'7" and I get designer jeans hemmed to wear with heels. Dojo is a great style for a curvier body/bigger butt like mine.

elektra
08-20-2011, 01:36 AM
I got the classic bootcut with the double squiggle in a dark wash. It was $99 plus 20% off but now they are back up to $159 now. Yikes! See photo:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31dPpr2CoTL._SX342_.jpg

Related question: the inseam is way too long even with 3" heels (and I'm 5'7"). Do folks hem them? I folded them under today but need a better solution.

If you do get them hemmed, make sure you ask then to keep the original hem. Otherwise the jeans will look weird. Enjoy your awesome new jeans! I also got a pair of sevens at the Amazon sale. :)

blondflava
08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm still on the cheap jeans wagon :rotflmao: but those are nice! I may invest in a pair if they're really so much better than the non-premium denim.. I think I have only one non-skinny pair in my closet now, love the skinny jeans and boots when it gets cooler.
OP, make sure you wash them before hemming!

mackmama
08-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I never hem them because I like the long length for heels. I fold the bottom once when wearing with flats.

:yeahthat: I like the options.

DrSally
08-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Awesome! Maybe I haven't tried the right pair of 7's because they always seem too low and too tight on the legs for my body. I'm glad they are working so well for you,maybe I should keep trying

DrSally
08-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Aren't they nice?! Which ones did you get? I have two pairs and I love them (I am wearing one pair today). I also have two pairs of Citizens of Humanity jeans (that sadly I haven't worn in 4 yrs!). Non $100 jeans I like Lucky Brand (classic fit), and these Calvin Klein boot cut jeans (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=490577&CategoryID=3111&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%20Jeans%26DENI M_TYPE_OF_LEG%3DBootcut%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D8) (they have a flap pocket, and flap pockets usually look horrible on me) they are currently selling at Costco. I will say that with 7s one pair of mine is getting very worn and thin on the top of the inner leg.

Those CK's look nice. I haven't seen them at my Costco. The last CK's they had were too loose in the legs for me.

ahrimie
08-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I wish we had a "like" button like in facebook.

LIKE LIKE LIKE!

smiles33
08-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Those CK's look nice. I haven't seen them at my Costco. The last CK's they had were too loose in the legs for me.

Yes, my other jeans are the loose fit CK ones from Costco and I don't even want to put them on again! They feel like work pants (think: loose jeans you wear to paint the house or something!). These 7 ones truly convey a different look and give me a different attitude!

robinsmommy
08-23-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm still on the cheap jeans wagon :rotflmao: but those are nice! I may invest in a pair if they're really so much better than the non-premium denim.. I think I have only one non-skinny pair in my closet now, love the skinny jeans and boots when it gets cooler.
OP, make sure you wash them before hemming!

For those of us still on the cheap wagon, I have seen 7 jeans at the thrift stores in Seattle area - condition varies, but I have seen some like new. they are often around $25, but I almost bought a pair like new on half-off day. Decided the fit wasn't good enough for me to spend the money - I think the style was not the right one for a short curvy mama.

Many thrift stores have "designer" sections where you can find stuff like this - the best bargains are in places who don't know what they are, though (like the Goodwill that I like that sells Hanna for $1.99 a piece, compared to $6-10 at Value Village).

I will add, though, that the hit and miss shopping method that you have to use for thrift store shopping does not appeal to everybody.

arivecchi
08-24-2011, 05:12 PM
In case this helps someone, pics of my Avas (straight leg) and Sevens (bootcut):

https://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/JeanPics?authkey=Gv1sRgCO-cuYzW1un7qwE#slideshow/5643845963109715058

bcafe
08-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Are the rear pockets low on the 7's? Maybe it's my monitor?

AnnieW625
08-24-2011, 06:02 PM

I do not hem mine I just deal with them being a little long. I don't have enough guts to take a photo of lower half in jeans but mine look similar in length to Arivercchi's as we are about the same height, but she is much thinner.

ray7694
08-24-2011, 06:06 PM
I could have wrote this post last fall. Love these jeans and I had them hemmed.

DrSally
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Nice pic! Love those wedges and your toenail color! Is that your new Splendid top as well?

smiles33
08-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Love the photos, A, but you didn't adequately show off your butt! That's my favorite part of these jeans--I look like I have a great ass (when in reality it's quite flat).

I don't regularly wear 3" heels so I think I have to get them hemmed. When I folded them up that first day, it was a good 4". Are designer jeans 36" inseams? I prefer my pants/jeans at 32" inseam. Most of my shoes are flats or 2" heels.

MSWR0319
08-24-2011, 06:39 PM
What styles of Seven jeans do you like the best? I bout a pair from the Amazon sale and was so sad they didn't look right, so I sent them back. I'm fairly thin and tall, but I have a butt. Maybe I should try another style?

blondflava
08-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Love the jeans, but the top is great too A!

arivecchi
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
I added a bum pic. :)

Disclaimer: I have a fairly large bum so I am not sure that the jeans would look like that at all on other people. They do give me a "butt lift". Haha! IME, the pockets so ride lower in sevens.

I like their bootcut styles. I am wearing this one in the pics:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DGIQ6W/ref=wms_ohs_product_T2

The top is from Splendid, also from the Amazon sale. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047Y1UBI/ref=wms_ohs_product_T2