PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar!!!

wimama
08-20-2011, 01:32 PM
My DS is going to freak! I just went and ordered it on Amazon. :yay:

It is listed for $40 and that is the price Toysrus is listing them for as well. But they are available for sale now on Amazon now. I figure the Lego Star Wars Advent is going to be hard to get your hands on closer to Christmas so I ordered it now. There are people selling them for over $60 on Ebay already.:shake:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Z24R8K

kristac
08-20-2011, 03:15 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-2011-7958-New-Hand-/00/$(KGrHqMOKicE4swcc4t2BOTU+GG09w~~48_12.JPG

Looks super fun.

Thanks for the heads up!

katydid1971
08-20-2011, 04:54 PM
This is awesome!!! I :heartbeat: Yoda as Santa!!!! I do miss the naked Santa that was in our city set last year ;)

wimama
08-20-2011, 05:42 PM
For something like an advent calendar I would normally just wait for a sale. So, it is very unlike me to pay full price for an advent calendar, especially in August.:ROTFLMAO:

But, I remember last year there was exactly one Lego advent left on the shelves at Toysrus when they finally went on sale. We did a Playmobil Advent calendar last year, so this will be DS first Lego advent calendar. I don't want chance missing out on the Lego Star Wars one this year. DS is Star Wars crazy now. I was so excited to see it.

When did my DS brainwash me? I seem to have missed the moment that happened.

And, I think the Yoda Santa is pretty darn cute, too!

katydid1971
08-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I think I'm going to wait until Oct. and pick up the Star Wars Advent and the new Winter Village Post Office at the same time. Plus I hope that they will have double points at the Lego Store then. Alien Host do you know?
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/10222_Winter_Village_Post_Office

alien_host
08-20-2011, 08:45 PM
I think I'm going to wait until Oct. and pick up the Star Wars Advent and the new Winter Village Post Office at the same time. Plus I hope that they will have double points at the Lego Store then. Alien Host do you know?

LOL...it was available at TRU but is out of stock now. Amazon went out of stock and has come back in.

I am totally getting the winter post office! IIRC, last October was double points and November/December is when they have the free PAB Box to fill Jan-March w/ a $75 purchase. They have not had double points in a while so I imagine they will do it.

The Lego Store will probably get the advent calendars/post office October 1st, I'm guessing.

I think last year the Kingdoms Advent Calendar sold out? I didn't get that one so I don't know. I'm pretty sure the SW one will be popular, I just hope they made plenty of them! I bought my City one last year at Borders, I guess that is not happening this year.

I can't decide if we should get the SW or the City Advent. I still have a sealed 2010 City one (we are one year behind).

JElaineB
08-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for posting, DS is really into Star Wars Legos all of a sudden, I think this will be a hit!

calv
08-21-2011, 09:50 AM

OMG, love the star wars and this one! how much do you think this will sell for? LOVE it!

wimama
08-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I live no where close to a Lego store. Does the Lego Website ever offer free shipping? So far the only Lego set DS is putting on his list for Santa is General Grievious' Ship. The kid is in love with General Grievous.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/General-Grievous-Starfighter-8095

katydid1971
08-21-2011, 05:41 PM
OMG, love the star wars and this one! how much do you think this will sell for? LOVE it!
The post office will sell for $60. It goes with the Toy Shop from last year and the bakery from the year before.

alien_host
08-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I live no where close to a Lego store. Does the Lego Website ever offer free shipping? So far the only Lego set DS is putting on his list for Santa is General Grievious' Ship. The kid is in love with General Grievous.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/General-Grievous-Starfighter-8095

Yes, they occassionally offer free shipping over $75 or 100.

katydid1971
08-26-2011, 02:47 PM
The Star Wars Advent Calendar is now on Lego.com
[/URL][url]http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-7958?c=Seasonal-Exclusive-Hard-to-Find-Items-ByTheme (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-City-Advent-Calendar-7553?c=Seasonal-Exclusive-Hard-to-Find-Items-ByTheme)
The Post office isn't for sale yet but its going to be $70
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Winter-Village-Post-Office-10222?c=Seasonal-Exclusive-Hard-to-Find-Items-ByTheme

kristac
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
TRU seems to be being a bit shady about this online. Thier price is now listed at $49.98 and shows as $44.98 ON SALE. But the ad says "all Star Wars 30% off". $5 is not 30% off.

Anyone have any luck in store? If the price in store is $49.98 then the sale would be $35ish. But if the price is $40 in store then $28 on sale would make me very happy.

ETA- ahhhhh I see now. The magic words "Up to 30% off". Doh!

hellokitty
09-13-2011, 12:46 PM
In DS1's most recent version of LEGO magazine (just got it last wk), they have a 10% IN store coupon and I think it said something about carrying the advent calendar. So, keep an eye out for the magazine. I know my kids would love this, but the price kills me. For what little pieces they get, it is such a rip off and I know they will misplace everything right away.

katydid1971
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
In DS1's most recent version of LEGO magazine (just got it last wk), they have a 10% IN store coupon and I think it said something about carrying the advent calendar. So, keep an eye out for the magazine. I know my kids would love this, but the price kills me. For what little pieces they get, it is such a rip off and I know they will misplace everything right away.
Where is the coupon? I'm looking at DS's magazine and I don't see it. I hope it wasn't a tear out because my kids always just tear those out and throw them away.

katydid1971
09-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Heads up, I just checked it our on Lego.com and it is out of stock. I wanted to try and get it and the post office at the same time but they aren't selling the post office yet so I think I'm heading off to TRU today to get it there.

hellokitty
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Where is the coupon? I'm looking at DS's magazine and I don't see it. I hope it wasn't a tear out because my kids always just tear those out and throw them away.

I think it was somewhere in the middle of the magazine. It was not a tear out, you need to cut it out.

katydid1971
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I think it was somewhere in the middle of the magazine. It was not a tear out, you need to cut it out.
I don't see it. DS gets "Lego Club Jr." is that the same one your DC gets?

hellokitty
09-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't see it. DS gets "Lego Club Jr." is that the same one your DC gets?

No, this yr my son turned 7, so he switched over to the older kid lego magazine. However, that is weird that the jr version wouldn't have one too. :( Maybe call lego and see if they will send you one? You are a subscriber, it just stinks that since you get the jr version, you would not have access to the coupon.

alien_host
09-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately TRU has raised their price to $49.99 instore as well. Although in my store it had a shelf tag of $39.99 so you might be able to complain. Only a few sets are 30% off TRU retail and the rest is 10% off.

The recent Lego Catalog might have a 10% off coupon for one item, I got mine the other day. It's on the back cover. I'll have to check the Club Magazine too (ETA: I do NOT see a coupon in the recent - space shuttle cover - Lego Magazine).

Apparently getting the 10% off coupon on your catalog requires you to be a VIP member and within a certain distance from a B&M store. NOT ALL catalogs have coupons, which is a bummer.

alien_host
09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
It is available on Amazon at MSRP w/ free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar/dp/B004Z24R8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315948921&sr=8-1

Oh and for those who are wondering, I got the October Lego Store calendar and October IS double points month and there are some cool freebies with various purchase levels (Holiday themed set and apple) throughout the month.

lablover
09-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks! Just ordered one from Amazon.

Simon
09-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Can anyone tell me a little more about the calendar? I can't go in person and all my advent calendars growing up had chocolate inside, so I'm trying to figure this out.

When you open the door, there is a toy inside? Are these figures compatible with other legos, like you'd build with them, or mostly just play with them as action figures? We were thinking of getting Ds some Star Wars action figures for Christmas and I am wondering if this is a good way to do it, or if the bigger ones are better? Ds seems to love SW, but doesn't play a whole lot with the few SW things he does have other than his beloved light sabres.

katydid1971
09-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Can anyone tell me a little more about the calendar? I can't go in person and all my advent calendars growing up had chocolate inside, so I'm trying to figure this out.

When you open the door, there is a toy inside? Are these figures compatible with other legos, like you'd build with them, or mostly just play with them as action figures? We were thinking of getting Ds some Star Wars action figures for Christmas and I am wondering if this is a good way to do it, or if the bigger ones are better? Ds seems to love SW, but doesn't play a whole lot with the few SW things he does have other than his beloved light sabres.

Each day when you open a door you get either a small set of legos and a picture to make a ship or a mini figurine. The mini figurine is the same size as with a regular Star Wars lego sets. The space ships will be very small but they are made of regular legos that can be mixed in with the rest of you lego collection.

alien_host
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM

I agree with what katydid1971 posted. How old is your DS? I think if he does not have much interest or experience with LEGO then you are better off going with actual SW figures (non-LEGO). The LEGO SW mini figures "resemble" SW characters but are not that realistic looking for a true SW lover, IMO.

The set is expensive for what it is and unless you want to go down the road of buying/collecting SW LEGO, I'd go with the less expensive action figures for now. I can't tell if you are familiar with LEGO or not, but a mini figure is about 2 inches tall, it is NOT a full sized action figure.

HTH!

mariza
09-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Anyone have suggestions on where to buy SW Lego mini figures to go inside the PB advent house I already have? Do they sell SW mini figures in packs?

connor_mommy
09-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Anyone have suggestions on where to buy SW Lego mini figures to go inside the PB advent house I already have? Do they sell SW mini figures in packs?

I wish they did sell SW Lego mini figures by themselves. The only thing close is the magnets, some of which don't come off the magnet base and keychains. Or you can buy the small sets and use those figures.

alien_host
09-16-2011, 06:23 PM

The best way to to buy on Ebay, IMO. They have "battle packs" but those are storm troopers and other "troopers"...no main characters like Luke/Vadar etc....

Or Bricklink.com...I have yet to buy there though.

However, there are quite a few SW keychains on sale at the LEGO Store for $2.48-$3.48, you could snip off the key chain part or use them in the advent calendar w/ the chain....DD loves them on her backpack.

katydid1971
10-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Bumping to let people know that Lego has free shipping over $99 and double points right now (which is like saving 10%) plus a free holiday set. So if you buy the Advent Calendar and the Winter Post Office you get 220 points and free shipping and the holiday set. The points will give you $10 next time you shop at Lego. Just a heads up.
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/free-shipping-free-gift?icmp=SHSitewideB1_FreeShipping