PDA

View Full Version : Not sleeping well since moving to toddler bed - help?!

Momit
08-20-2011, 04:35 PM
DS is about 3 years old. He has always been a good sleeper. About 2 months ago he started climbing out of his crib so we moved him to a toddler bed. Since then, it has been a fight to get him to go to bed and stay there - one of us (me) often ends up lying on the floor in his room until he's asleep, otherwise he keeps getting up to go look for us. He also wakes up during the night more often than he used to - he either walks into our room to get us or cries in his room or the hall until somebody comes. And he's waking up earlier than he used to when he was in the crib. We did put a second mattress on the floor next to the crib, which has helped some, since he was falling out of bed every time he rolled over.

He does still take naps - 2 hours a day - and doesn't seem at all ready to give that up. He goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up about 5:30.

One difficult night I said he had to stay in bed or I would put the crib railing back up - he said he wanted me to because he doesn't like getting up - oops.

What can we do to help him adjust to sleeping in a bed where he has the freedom to get up and move around? Bigger bed rails? Baby gate in his bedroom door? Help!