PDA

View Full Version : Giant Costco Teddy Bears?

lellolicious
08-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Last year around this time, I noticed Costco was selling giant 53" teddy bears for around $25. I really wanted to buy one for each of my kids (now ages 4 and 7), but I thought my husband would kill me, and it was just the inner kid in me wanting one for myself. ;-) So I didn't get them, and I've regretted it ever since.

Now I've noticed they have them in stores again for $29! There's a dark brown and a light brown. I immediately grabbed one and started to put it in my cart, and realized it's so big, I don't think I could fit two bears without having to make two trips the the car! I don't even know how I'd hide them until Christmas. So I passed ... again. =-(

Does anyone have one of these, or know of anyone that does, and what are your thoughts? What do kids do with them after the novelty wears off? I'm thinking my kids can snuggle with them in the attic when they watch movies instead of sitting on beanbags, which was our original idea ... but maybe that's wishful thinking?

ETA: They even have a facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/HugFun-Intl-Teddy-Bears-Home/244761875537188

sariana
08-21-2011, 07:17 PM
I've seen those, and I want one! But alas, I would have no place to put it. I really don't know where people put them. I like your idea, though.

Yesterday I saw toddler-sized Mickey and Minnie Mouse dolls. I mean they were about the size of my 3-year-old DD, not sized for a toddler. So not nearly as big as the bears, but still stinkin' cute.

fivi2
08-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I've seen those, and I want one! But alas, I would have no place to put it. I really don't know where people put them. I like your idea, though.

Yesterday I saw toddler-sized Mickey and Minnie Mouse dolls. I mean they were about the size of my 3-year-old DD, not sized for a toddler. So not nearly as big as the bears, but still stinkin' cute.

We have the big Mickey and Minnie. They sit on the end of the beds, my dds love them!

belovedgandp
08-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh, we have one, and it is HUGE. I fought it off for many months. I think they were at our Costco since May or so. I always go with just the kids during the week, but made the mistake a few weeks ago of taking DH with us. So we now own the stinkin' bear. It is adorable. It's in our play/TV room. The kids sit with it to watch movies and such. I put it in the recliner to vacuum and it's bigger than a person sitting there. All three of my kids love it. I can't imagine having more than one. DH remembers having a big bear as a kid and he wanted it for them. I'd normally never do it, but it has been fun. I can see the novelty wearing off quickly though.

gobadgers
08-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Santa brought one to our house last year, and its actually one of the most played with toys in the house! DS tackles the bear first thing every morning (or tries anyway). There is almost always someone snuggling with the bear. The quality is not super, but its still really soft and has held up OK.

Claki
08-21-2011, 10:49 PM
What is wrong with me? Now I have to have one for my six week old "Teddy."

ourbabygirl
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
We love ours! DD (almost 3) saw it when we all went to Costco, and of course DH got it for her. She and DS (almost 1) love him and lay on him and give him hugs. :tongue5: We named him Ben. We got the dark one because that's what DD wanted, though I preferred the light brown one because it would match our decor better. :loveeyes: We've had him for a few months & he's great!

sariana
08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
of course DH got it for her

Why can't I have a DH like that? (Where's the pouty emoticon?) Mine is the stick in the mud in our family.