PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Woman Recipe - question for you

mom2one
08-21-2011, 06:58 PM
So, this is one of PW latest. I bought everything today to make it. Cant wait. I think I am going to cut the recipe in half, because only 2 of us are eating. Here are my questions, 1- what kind of pot is she using to cook this in the oven? Le creuset?
2- do you think this would cook well in the crock pot?

Here is the recipe (below) and link to it
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/08/peach-whiskey-barbecue-chicken/

Peach-Whiskey Barbecue Chicken
Added by Ree on August 14, 2011 in Main Courses, Poultry
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 2 Hours Servings 6 Difficulty Easy

Ingredients
12 whole Chicken Thighs, Bone-in, Skin-on
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
1-½ cup Whiskey
12 ounces, fluid Barbecue Sauce
1 jar Peach Preserves
½ cups Water
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
3 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Heat oil and butter in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs, four at a time, in the pot, skin side down. Brown both sides, then remove to a plate and repeat until all chicken is browned.
Pour off half the grease, then return pan to stove. Add onions to pan and stir, cooking for 2 minutes. Pour whiskey into the pot, being very careful if you’re using an open flame. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan, allowing whiskey to reduce for a minute or two. Pour in barbecue sauce, peach preserves, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Throw in garlic cloves. Stir until combined, then return chicken to the pot, skin side up. Cover and put pot in oven.
Cook for 1 1/2 hours, then remove from oven.
Serve pieces of chicken over a big pile of smashed potatoes. Sprinkle sliced green onions over the top.

infomama
08-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I would say she is cooking that whole thing in a dutch oven...start to finish. I would use my enameled cast iron dutch oven. I wouldn't try this one in the crock pot.

DebbieJ
08-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Yep, Dutch oven. I don't think it would work in the crockpot. You'd have to dirty a pot to brown the chicken anyway, so why make more dirty dishes?