PDA

View Full Version : Final Update in 14/ Update in 9/ Insanely angry at DH

DietCokeLover
08-21-2011, 07:14 PM
DH took the kids out to the pool. I walk out there and our 3 year old who cannot swim is hanging onto the edge in the deep end with no flotation device!!!! DH is just lazing on a raft! He tries to tell me DS just got out there when he saw me coming. BS! He couldn't have gotten there that quickly.

THEN I see DD and she has the beginnings of a black eye that was not there when I dressed her for the pool. DH has no idea how that happened.

WTH have you been doing out there DH!?

kedss
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
:( no words

LMPC
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Hmmm, well we know what he *hasn't* been doing...which is keeping a good eye on the kids. Things can happen on anyone's watch but it sounds like he was relaxing just a little too much! Sorry he was shirking his dad duties!!!

Melaine
08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
OH NO. I am sure he won't let that happen again.

KpbS
08-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh dear! I would have freaked out to see my DC in the deep (or in the water at all for that matter if they can't swim 100% on their own). Tragedies can happen so quickly! Sending you a :hug:

Corie
08-21-2011, 08:59 PM
I would have seriously flipped my lid!! But I am
a nervous wreck around water especially non-swimmers.

ShanaMama
08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
I would be furious as well. Does DH get why you are so upset?

ThreeofUs
08-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh, wow. I would have been so sick to my stomach. And I would always be there from then on, I guess. :rolleyes:

DietCokeLover
08-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Unbelievable! He doesn't get it. He's pouting because I just chewed him out about this. All he kept saying was he was only over there for a minute or two and then he is trying to act like he is the victim - well I'm sorry, I just won't take them out there anymore. Well you poor baby DH.

Madder now than I was before!

TwinFoxes
08-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Unbelievable! He doesn't get it. He's pouting because I just chewed him out about this. All he kept saying was he was only over there for a minute or two and then he is trying to act like he is the victim - well I'm sorry, I just won't take them out there anymore. Well you poor baby DH.

This would seriously piss me off. Just frickin' admit you screwed up! What's with the excuse making? I don't understand guys sometimes.

Globetrotter
08-22-2011, 02:05 AM
You need to scare him with stories of drownings. I'm glad it turned the kids were okay..

Melanie
08-22-2011, 02:33 AM

This would piss me off more, too!

He needs to read this. (http://gcaptain.com/drowning/?10981)

HannaAddict
08-22-2011, 04:18 AM
I would explode. They can drown, they can die. It can be silent and fast. I would be sooo angry. I'm sorry.

DietCokeLover
08-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Ok, so after a night of not speaking to one another, DH apologized this morning and it looked like it finally clicked how very dangerous the situation was. He assured me he would watch the children like a hawk while in the pool and would not allow them to go anywhere remotely near the deep end without flotation devices.

Whew.

Octobermommy
08-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm glad to hear he came around. My dh is not as vigilant as I am around water and it drives me crazy.

ThreeofUs
08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
So glad he came around. Whew, indeed!

TwinFoxes
08-22-2011, 11:14 AM
So glad he came around. Whew, indeed!

:yeahthat:

Melaine
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Sometimes the silent treatment works....I'm just sayin'! I'm glad you guys came to an agreement. I'm also super paranoid about water and that just would NOT go over well.

amldaley
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
The beginnings of a black eye I can totally see not knowing how it happened.

But the deep end with no floatation? I am pissed off at your DH and they are not even my kids.

Haven't read your update yet but wanted to post how COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE that is, no matter when it happened. DS shouldn't have been allowed to even approach the pool without flotation and an adult assisting. Drowning happens in a nano-second. Water safety rules transcend parenting styles. They are universal. Because drowing happens.

Globetrotter
08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm glad he came to his senses!

amldaley
08-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok, ok, so he came around. Men.

lovebebes
08-22-2011, 04:18 PM
and this is the most frustrating thing about men. sometimes they just.dont.get it. It is so annoying to have to watch them like kids.