PDA

View Full Version : Comparing LE, GAP, ON & Walmart uniform shirts

ShanaMama
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
DD is allowed to wear navy polo or light blue oxford shirts but they must be long sleeve. I am comparing the various options & want something that my picky girl will wear & can be passed down to DD2.

I am comparing prices & quality between LE & GAP but also considering ON & even Walmart. LE & GAP are basically the same price (after coupon codes) for the polo shirts. Walmart is much cheaper, but I may just stick with LE for quality. I am willing to spend LE's $13 vs Walmart's $7 per shirt for LE quality.

The only place I can find light blue oxford is LE. I am rather turned off by the $35 price ($28 after 20% off, which is still high to me).

I prefer the polo shirts but DD has been begging me for the oxford for an entire year. I think she might insist on wearing oxford every day even if I buy her a couple of each.

So, any input on comfort, quality & whether I will need to iron or hang these shirts? (I will do neither, LOL.) And, have you found long sleeve oxford shirts anywhere but LE?

Thanks!

ciw
08-21-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.target.com/Cherokee-Girls-School-Uniform-Long-Sleeve/dp/B004XBKUB6/ref=br_1_15?ie=UTF8&id=Cherokee%20Girls%20School%20Uniform%20Long-Sleeve&node=13004841&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-15&qid=1313972245&rh=&searchBinNameList=style_name%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1

This one is cheaper than the $35 LE shirt but the collar doesn't button down: http://www.landsend.com/pp/LongSleeveOxfordShirt~208979_1187.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::CHM&CM_MERCH=IDX_SchoolUniforms-_-Girls-_-TopsShirtsSweaters-_-ShirtsBlouses&origin=index

ShanaMama
08-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you! I didn't think of looking at Target. I don't mind the rounded collar, although DD really wants the one that buttons. She is very particular about neatness, always wants to be tucked in, etc., so I think the sharpness appeals to her, although I think the buttoned collar is more of a stuffy look.
I saw the other LE shirt but it looks, I don't know, different. Too dressy, maybe? IIRC the reviews weren't all in favor either.

ciw
08-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Thank you! I didn't think of looking at Target. I don't mind the rounded collar, although DD really wants the one that buttons. She is very particular about neatness, always wants to be tucked in, etc., so I think the sharpness appeals to her, although I think the buttoned collar is more of a stuffy look.
I saw the other LE shirt but it looks, I don't know, different. Too dressy, maybe? IIRC the reviews weren't all in favor either.

If she's okay with the rounded collar, Kohls and Sears both have styles similar to the Target version for about the same price. If she wants a button-down collar, would a little boy's blue oxford work? Lots of stores have those cheaper than the LE girl version.

ShanaMama
08-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Thank you, ciw! I discussed it with DD & she definitely wants button collar. Old Navy has the boy ones for $12.99 so I think I will just order the polo shirts from Gap to get the combined free shipping. Do you think the LE polo's are so superior to Gap that I should order the polo's there?