PDA

View Full Version : Magic Eraser Mop?

Melaine
08-23-2011, 03:43 PM
I just did my whole kitchen on my hands and knees with a magic eraser (technically two) because it seems to get the floor cleaner than anything else. I sat down and googled Magic Eraser mop and, lo and behold, it DOES exist! The reviews are mixed so I thought I would come here before buying one. Has anyone tried it?

DietCokeLover
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Ooh interesting. I bet it would be great on our tile lobby floor that is perpetually nasty! Will definitely be watching this.

Melaine
08-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Forgot to add a link: http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Magic-Eraser-Squeeze-Mop/dp/B0012H14LE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

bisous
08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
I can totally see myself just jimmy-rigging (sp??) a magic eraser to a pole of some sort and going to it. I haven't tried it personally and wouldn't need it at my current house but when I did have a mop-friendly house, I loved having a swiffer and using my own rags/cleaner. I wonder if that would work with a magic eraser and some rubber bands??

katydid1971
08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
No experience but the refills are $10 a piece. That can add up quickly. I don't know what kind of floors you have but I love my steam mop. Six uses of the magic eraser mop would pay for it.

Melaine
08-23-2011, 04:20 PM
I would like a steam mop but not sure that my floors deserve it. They are in dire need of being replaced. But good point if the refills are too pricey to be worth it.

fauve01
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM
No experience but the refills are $10 a piece. That can add up quickly. I don't know what kind of floors you have but I love my steam mop. Six uses of the magic eraser mop would pay for it.

barging in to ask what steam mop you love? i used a handheld steam cleaner a long time ago and hated it. didn't work well, noisy, etc. what type of flooring do you use it on? is it noisy?

TIA!

katydid1971
08-23-2011, 07:17 PM
barging in to ask what steam mop you love? i used a handheld steam cleaner a long time ago and hated it. didn't work well, noisy, etc. what type of flooring do you use it on? is it noisy?

TIA!
I had a Shark that I bought with a GC several years ago. It worked fine and I liked it. About 6 months ago it just stopped working so I ordered the Eureka Steam Mop to replace it. I choose the Eureka because of this review (the first one) http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Enviro-Hard-Surface-Steamer-313A/product-reviews/B001LYFBHG/ref=cm_cr_pr_redirect?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0#R2J8JRXPEBJAY6 I have had it about 6 months now and I really like it. It gets my floors clean and I'm not using any chemicals. I use it on vinyl and tile, I don't know if I would use it one wood. It is not noisy at all. In fact when I first got it I was afraid it wasn't working because it didn't make all the noise that the shark did. When I looked at the pad and at my floors you could see it was working great.

Thatchermom
08-24-2011, 02:21 AM
After doing the same thing you did today, I got just as excited when I saw one and tried it. Not the same thing, sadly. Probably better than just a regular sponge mop, but not the same as really scrubbing it with the ME by hand - not even close. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

lele
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I tried one a couple years ago (I think?) It fell apart on the first use. BIG disappointment. I ended up with a cleaning lady instead :loveeyes:

maybe they've changed them some by now, but I don't know.

babybell
08-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I have the magic eraser mop. It's okay. You really have to scrub hard in order to get it to work. It seems to hold up pretty well and I haven't had to buy a ton of replacements yet (but maybe that's because I don't use it enough!). My guess is that there are better options out there in the price range.