PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp - my ankle!

LD92599
08-24-2011, 01:32 PM
The impact of running/jumping jacks etc how now rendered a painful ankle - hard to run, jump, etc. I've been walking the laps vs running etc but I want my ankle to feel better!

There's no fracture or anything (xrays proved that!) but it hurts. I had a brace on it today for camp and ice on it throughout the day plus Advil throughout.

Anything else I'm not thinking of?

We had 3 mornings straight this week because of a rainy start last week; off tomorrow and back Fri.

willow33
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Not sure, but can you take a week off to give it time to heal?

Moneypenny
08-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Is it tendonitis? I had that earlier this summer as I ramped up my running schedule. I could basically do nothing on it for 3 weeks, then slowly added in walking and am finally now up to running just a little bit. I just had to follow the general rest, ice, elevation rules.

Hope you heal quickly!!

infomama
08-25-2011, 08:36 PM
You need to lay off boot camp until you are better. Rest your ankle.

LD92599
08-29-2011, 09:20 PM
You need to lay off boot camp until you are better. Rest your ankle.

yeah i think i need to ask to put my fee's on hold (it was only a 4 week program, there's 2 weeks left) until the next round starts...i'll go tomorrow AM and work only with weights, etc - absolutely no running/jumping/long distance walking etc.

I had high hopes for boot camp - apparently my joints didn't!

BDKmom
09-11-2011, 12:08 AM
How's that ankle doing? I think my joints don't like bootcamp, either. First my knees were giving me trouble, so I have to take it easy on some of the lunges, ect that we do while also doing weights for upper body. I can basically either do the lunge or the weights, but not both. Now my shoulder is acting up, so can't do any of that stuff and can't really recuperate there, because it's the shoulder of the arm I use to carry DS. Bootcamp is making me feel like an old fart.

On the bright side, I can fit into pants and skirts that I haven't been able to wear in over a year! :cheerleader1:

LD92599
09-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I took the last 2 weeks off and finally 3 days ago i could walk, climb stairs etc totally normal. I must've sprained it. I want to go back and finish the last two weeks of the next section but i also weery of doing the same thing again!

BDKmom
09-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear it's better. Can you modify things a little when you go back to not be so hard on your joints? I'm lucky that our trainer is good about giving alternate instructions for those of us with knee problems. Although I have found that as I get stronger, my knees can handle more.