PDA

View Full Version : is this the best thermos funtainer deal our there?

daisy13
08-24-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Funtainer-Bottle-Story-Ounce/dp/B003QTEBRK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314225678&sr=8-1

truly scrumptious
08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I've had that one in my Amazon cart for a couple of months while looking for a better deal and haven't found any. Finally bit the bullet and bought it this week.

chozen
08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
toys r us had them buy one get one50% off not sure if they still do.

azmaple
08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
i picked up several last year at target when they clearanced the school stuff to get ready for halloween. i wasn't keen on shrek but they wiped off clean with some acetone. the kids add stickers to them periodically when they old ones wash away. They were 75% off - $4 each.

kissmekate
08-24-2011, 10:35 PM
i picked up several last year at target when they clearanced the school stuff to get ready for halloween. i wasn't keen on shrek but they wiped off clean with some acetone. the kids add stickers to them periodically when they old ones wash away. They were 75% off - $4 each.
Crazy question, but where do you buy acetone? Is that just regular nail polish remover??

wimama
08-24-2011, 10:41 PM
toys r us had them buy one get one50% off not sure if they still do.

I just ran into a friend who bought some funtainers at Toysrus today. The deal was still going on at our Toysrus.

Choccie
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
We've had 4 different ones now and they all started to leak after a short period of time. All had to be thrown in the trash. Anyone else had that same issue?

iaam
08-25-2011, 02:07 PM
We've had 4 different ones now and they all started to leak after a short period of time. All had to be thrown in the trash. Anyone else had that same issue?

Where do they leak from?

We have six of these and have had no issues at all. They are used quite heavily by both kids...

daisy13
08-25-2011, 04:40 PM
My try doesn't have this promo:(..

When was the target clearance last year?

mariza
08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know if Walgreens.com is still having the sale, but as of yesterday the code SALE10 was taking $10 off $40 they had Toy Story, Cars and I think Princess Funtainers. For the PP who posted about leaking, that happened to my BFF too. She called Thermos and they sent her a bunch of new valves for free.
Edited to change Walmart to WALGREENS. oops!

stratosphere03
08-25-2011, 04:52 PM

We get leaks if there is moisture between the flat silicone piece and the underside of the lid when we screw the top on because the straw part gets rotated a bit out of place and lets liquid escape.

daisy13
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I meant to ask-when was it clearanced at target last year?

wimama
08-25-2011, 05:57 PM

We have only had maybe two leaks that were caused by DH not screwing the lid on tight enough to get a tight seal. We have 3 Funtainer drink containers that we rotate through, so we let them dry real good before refilling. Like the previous poster said maybe the wet silicone can cause it to leak?

Kungjo
08-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Crazy question, but where do you buy acetone? Is that just regular nail polish remover??

I would like to know as well. I have some old ones with Hello Kitty and my older DD thinks she's too old for that. How do you get the logos off? Just wipe or do I soak it in the acetone?

vludmilla
08-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I would like to know as well. I have some old ones with Hello Kitty and my older DD thinks she's too old for that. How do you get the logos off? Just wipe or do I soak it in the acetone?

My adult sized "funtainer" was accidently put in the dishwasher once and half of the design came right off so I would just stick in the dishwasher a couple of times.

ABO Mama
08-25-2011, 09:15 PM

Don't soak in acetone...acetone disolves plastic. I'm guessing that you would wipe it, like you were removing nail polish.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
08-25-2011, 09:51 PM
I think we have about 8 of these and i love them. They keep milk cold and dont leak even when sideways in a diaper bag or their lunch boxes. FWIW, i do always let the pieces dry before putting them together but i run them through the diswasher daily. I think only 1 has the graphics coming off badly so maybe it just depends on the cup. I just found some for about $11 at BJs this week. I dont think they are something they carry regularly, but they were with the seasonal school stuff.

zoestargrove
08-26-2011, 02:44 AM
I've used acetone to wipe away a design on a funtainer. I just used fingernail polish remover. I soaked a cloth in it and used a lot of elbow grease.

KpbS
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
I could barely get any of the Shrek design to come off last year w/ fingernail polish remover :( We have 3-4 Shrek ones. DS1 doesn't mind too much, lol.

mnosky1
08-26-2011, 03:27 PM
I have ones that are pretty old (4-5 years at least) that have never leaked then I had one that was "only" 3 years old and was a slightly different style that kept leaking and I emailed thermos to ask about it before I tossed it. They emailed be a replacement set of the top and straw set - when I put it on I realized I must have lost a piece (clear disc) that was making the seal. Good customer service! I don't mind the price of these so much now, plus of course how long I've had mine.

lchang25000
08-26-2011, 04:49 PM
FYI, replacement straws are currently out of stock when I called Thermos CS and won't be available to order until 10/1.