PDA

View Full Version : Try this line on your MIL!

ShanaMama
08-24-2011, 09:02 PM
"Do you want me to throw up on you this minute?"

Yes, I actually said that to my MIL today! :jammin:

She means well & was trying to be sweet. She loves to give to her children & it would give her immense pleasure if one of her kids asked for the shirt off her back. But, she doesn't know how to take a No, thanks graciously.
We were at a family bris and brunch was served after the ceremony- bagels & junk. I took the girls (drove 45 mins) without DH cuz he really couldn't get away from work. So I am sitting at the table trying to ignore the lox, tuna, egg salad & various other nausea inducing foods. In fact, I ate practically nothing- just tried to grit my teeth till I could leave.
Then MIL starts with her 'do you want to take home tuna or egg salad' bit & I am like please don't mention those words or I will puke. But I sweetly say 'No, thanks, MIL, I really don't want anything.' And she insists. No, really, take some. So she got the truth! Do ya really want me to puke all over you this minute?

And She Still Didn't Stop! She starts with: Don't you want to take some home for DH? So I said, "No, he can take care of himself. He really doesn't want his DW puking all over him?!"

Classic. I guess this turned into a bit of a b!tch, so I put it in this forum. I will be retelling this story for years. My SILs will totally applaud me!

Dayzy
08-24-2011, 10:11 PM
I actually used this today on my MIL! I am 8 weeks along and sick with EVERYTHING. Under normal circumstances I can't stand lamb. She was making it for a family dinner tonight and I declined (again!) and she pushed. I said "Do you want me to puke on you or the table?"

ShanaMama
08-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Congrats! I am just a few weeks ahead of you & feeling pretty much the same. I hope we both start feeling better soon.

boogiemomz
08-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Hilarious. Love it!! :hysterical:

lizzywednesday
08-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Awesome.

Seriously.

Awesome.

You deserve lots of this :bowdown: