PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for emergency backpack

niccig
08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
DS's school requires an emergency backpack for each child, and you have to include a pair of closed toe, sturdy shoes. In previous years, I've bought the cheapest pair of shoes I can find. They never get worn, and I donate them at the end of the year.

This year, I'm thinking of buying a pair of shoes that are a 2 sizes bigger than DS's current size, and hope that they still fit him when we get the backpack back in June. Yes, they will be too big if he ever needs to wear them, but as he only wears sneakers to school, he'll already have a good pair of shoes. If it works out, he can wear these shoes from June, but I'll run the risk of them being too small and out more money than if bought the cheapest pair I can find.

What do you think?

twowhat?
08-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Could you maybe get a pair from somewhere with a great return policy - like Lands End? I think it's a great idea if you can minimize risk:)

crl
08-24-2011, 10:27 PM
I think I'd go with the cheap pair strategy again. Have you checked the LE overstock page. If they have anything that will work, I might do that. Then, just in case, he has a pair of back up shoes that fit.

Catherine

ETA. I think you should organize a first day of school shoe swap where everyone brings in their emergency shoes from last year and swaps them for a bigger size.

mommytoC
08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Are you able to access the emergency backpack during the school year if you need those shoes (and to swap for larger ones)? If so, I think using "next size" shoes for the backpack sounds like a great idea!