PDA

View Full Version : 5 is the worst yet!!!

KathyN115
08-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Every year I hope that I have escaped the worst behavior, and that things will start to improve. I had read here about the "f'ing fours", so when DD turned 5 I breathed a sigh of relief. Well, 5 s*cks. OMG, what a freaking attitude. She is starting Kindy next week - instead of being sad I absolutely CANNOT WAIT!

We were driving down the street, coming home from getting her hair cut, and she asks me to open a bottle of water. I tell her that I can't, and she will have to wait a minute. I hear her say (in a totally sassy tone) "Oh, so you can drive and talk on the phone, but you can't open my bottle of water? Grrrrrrrrrr......." She is lucky i was driving (and no, not on the phone) but I wanted to smack her (and I never have hit her before). Well, at least I only have 10 months left until she turns six ( because six is better, right?!?!?!?!)

WatchingThemGrow
08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
:hysterical: That makes me smile. Nobody believes me that DD has turned into a spitting, angry, grunting, out of control hellion. As we drove home from the airport dropping my mom off yesterday, I spent 20 minutes explaining the word "brat" to which DS1 replied, "uh huh."

Oh yeah, school....I told her today that I was SO excited for school to start just because I knew the people left in our house during the daytime would be kind to one another. I told DH maybe it's just anxiety about starting K. Crossing my fingers that's what it is. She was so lovely and helpful just a month ago.

carolinamama
08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Just want to give you some hope - DS1 is almost 6 and he has turned into a usually delightful, helpful child. Just 6 months ago I couldn't stand the attitude he had, but now that doesn't come out nearly as often and he has been so much more fun to be around. Now DS2 otoh, is so miserable to deal with these days that I want to pull my hair out by the end of the day. Sigh. What can you do?

jenstring95
08-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Just want to give you some hope - DS1 is almost 6 and he has turned into a usually delightful, helpful child. Just 6 months ago I couldn't stand the attitude he had, but now that doesn't come out nearly as often and he has been so much more fun to be around. Now DS2 otoh, is so miserable to deal with these days that I want to pull my hair out by the end of the day. Sigh. What can you do?

Yes to this! My almost 6yo DS has dropped most of his attitude lately and has really stepped up his thoughtfulness. DD (almost 4), OTOH, is pretty much a royal PITA at least once or twice a day!

MamaMolly
08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Lalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalalalalaa. :bag

citymama
08-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Ugh! I totally empathize. I think 4 might have been worse for us, but she's 5 and a half, so I may be eating my words!

lhafer
08-25-2011, 08:05 AM
So glad to hear we are not alone!!

I thought 4 was bad. I was like...give me back the terrible twos!! But then 5 came. And O.M.G.!!! Yeah...we are still there. At 5.5 years old, I can only HOPE that this attitude, snarky comments, brattiness, etc goes away and that I can get my sweet girl back.

Please.

Before one of us kills each other.

She has an 18 month old sister, so it looks like (hopefully) when her attitude comes around, little sister will be developing hers!! Right now she's my absolute love and sweet one. I don't want big sister's attitude to rub off on her!!

hellokitty
08-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Lol, unfortunately, EVERY age for ds2 has been horrible. It's his personality and basically he's not going to outgrow it, ugh. He is six and basically someday he is going to get beat up at school, b/c his mouth is going to get him into trouble.

boolady
08-25-2011, 03:13 PM

My thoughts exactly. Yikes.

jenfromnj
08-25-2011, 03:34 PM

I'm not listening!!! Not listening!!

bubbaray
08-25-2011, 03:42 PM
OK, so having survived each of the "years" that I thought at the time was the worst, I will say that I think the end of the summer/start of school is THE worst time, at least for my DD#1. The summer before Kindy was OMG, HORRIBLE. Like, I wanted to leave the family. Not kidding. I think she was nervous about shcool and was acting out b/c of that, b/c by the end of September (school starts the Tuesday after Labor Day here), she was fine.

ShanaMama
08-25-2011, 08:42 PM
I posted a few months ago about my 5 year old & her insane moodiness. I've been telling DH almost every night how DD shocked me by saying something pleasant. Yesterday she actually packed her own camp bag when asked & today she did it without being asked! I need a jaw dropping smilie!
She is 6 & 2 months. I think some of it is the age plus I've been working on filling her cup with positivity (is that a word?) & making sure she feels loved & cherished. I hope I am not jinxing this trend by talking about it!

lhafer
08-26-2011, 10:06 AM
OK, so having survived each of the "years" that I thought at the time was the worst, I will say that I think the end of the summer/start of school is THE worst time, at least for my DD#1. The summer before Kindy was OMG, HORRIBLE. Like, I wanted to leave the family. Not kidding. I think she was nervous about shcool and was acting out b/c of that, b/c by the end of September (school starts the Tuesday after Labor Day here), she was fine.

Can I say I hope this is my kid??

We are just finishing our first week of school (kindergarten)...and already I see a lot more smiles on her face, a bounce in her step, and a lot less attitude!

I can only hope and pray it continues!! :bighand:

KathyN115
08-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Can I say I hope this is my kid??

We are just finishing our first week of school (kindergarten)...and already I see a lot more smiles on her face, a bounce in her step, and a lot less attitude!

I can only hope and pray it continues!! :bighand:

:yeahthat:

Yay for you!!! We start kindergarten next week, and am hoping, hoping, hoping that things improve after she makes the transition. One silver lining - at least I won't be as upset as I had thought when I drop her off for the first day of school! :ROTFLMAO: