PDA

View Full Version : Foot healing lotion? TMI

Uno-Mom
08-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed a million times!

My left foot is unhappy. It fights off some sort of ick chronically, which gets worse in hot weather if I must wear close-toed shoes. This is now. So I have not only the ugly nails but also peeling skin on the heel, between toes and bottom of foot. You know, how it can blister a little bit, then dry out and peel really deep?

Sorry, TMI. I can fight of the ick with tea tree oil, though nothing cures it totaly.

I need a healing lotion for my whole foot, though! Ages ago I got this very thick peppermint cream which did wonders. I can't remember the brand. I would like natural smellig, not perfumed. I'm not rabid on organic/natural but I've found the more crunchy products are more aesthetically nice, usually. I'd prefer something that soaks in and won't get my sandles/sheets all oily (I can't stand to sleep in socks!)

Any miracle lotion/cream out there???

joules
08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't have cracking on my heels - just dryness and some roughness sometimes. DH gets cracks, but not enough to be painful or anything and it's not really that bad. I've tried a lot of different products, but happened upon this on sale at WalMart once:
http://www.amazon.com/Profoot-Rescue-Superior-Moisturizing-Cream/dp/B000GCKCDW

It's the only thing that's really made a difference. I use it everynight. Absorbs quickly and doesn't get on my sheets - DH puts it on me right before we sleep. There might be a slight scent, but it's hardly noticeable to me.

After we finished our first bottle, I went back to all my miscellaneous foot lotions I had laying around - I didn't want to waste them. They didn't work as well so we went out and bought another bottle of this. I think I might throw away all my other ones.

brittone2
08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Dh battles some fungal stuff on his feet, and I ended up with tinea versicolor (also fungal) when I moved south for a few years.

He has had really good luck with this product, and it has helped me a good bit too (although tinea versicolor tends to recur, and mine definitely does).
I order from frontier but I've seen it at WFs in the past.
http://www.vitacost.com/Home-Health-Antifungal-Lotion

Rosemary EO (dilute w/ a carrier oil, don't use it straight) is supposed to be good for fungal stuff and might be worth trying if you don't have any contraindications.

DrSally
08-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Are you sure it's not athlete's foot?