PDA

View Full Version : Costco memory form topper?

willow33
08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Anyone have one and like/dislike it? My back has been bothering me and I was thinking that this might help. Our mattress is only a year old, but I don't think I chose the right one. We can't get a new mattress right now so I'm looking for other alternatives. Thanks!

larig
08-25-2011, 02:50 PM
we just bought one 2 weeks ago. it's very thick and squishy. We mostly bought it for DH and he LOVES it.

ThreeofUs
08-25-2011, 03:55 PM
We have 3 of them. Really nice. Much less expensive than comparable 3" foam pads.

hellokitty
08-25-2011, 04:42 PM
My dad insisted on the firmest mattress out there and my mom HATED it. We suggested the memory foam topper, she got hers either from costco or sam's club (they belong to both), and she has been really happy with it.

wendibird22
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Don't have a Costco so I can't comment on that one but I did get this (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11030697) one from Walmart about a month ago and I'm very happy with it. I did a lot of reading and learned that you really need to look at the density level. Anything less than 3lb density is considered substandard. 5lb is ideal and usually most expensive but will be the most firm (think tempurpedic ads where the handprint stays for a while), while 4lb is semi-firm, and 3lb is soft (handprint won't last long after you lift your hand). A 2lb or less density though memory foam is really no different than egg crate type toppers.

DH would probably be happier with 5lb density but I find the 4lb a good compromise between rock hard and soft.