PDA

View Full Version : Gotta say "Whatever!" to the Athleta Whatever skirt :-(

luckytwenty
08-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Am I the only one who looks awful in it?? It makes my butt look like it's the size of Cleveland. I'd normally blame my butt on that, but all those lines and the drapiness of it seem to over-emphasize my hips. :-( I'm indeed a pear, and short-waisted, so I am sure that limits my options somewhat. I was just looking forward to a skirt I could throw on and feel fabulous in! And the swimwear I've bought from Athleta has been incredibly flattering!

hellokitty
08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Well, if anything, you made me feel better. I am also short-waisted, and was having regrets about not ordering this skort, but your post is making me feel less regretful. I usually wear skirts that are straight down, b/c I find it more flattering to my body type. The ones that flare out sometimes just make me look more bigger than I am.

citymama
08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Your post made me :ROTFLMAO:
It looked like it would be unflattering on me too. I'm mostly skinny but happy and flared skirts don't work - which is why I've stayed away from the Athleta skort so far.

LOVE the swim swear and most of the dresses though!

niccig
08-26-2011, 03:58 AM
Nope, it was horrendous on me too. Made me look even hipper than I am. I was disappointed too.

Neatfreak
08-26-2011, 04:43 AM
That style isn't flattering on me, either!