PDA

View Full Version : I love this dress!

citymama
08-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Dress recommendation for flat-chested mamas: this long sleeved Patagonia Margot dress (http://www.zappos.com/patagonia-womens-long-sleeved-margot-dress-bright-angel-prussian-blue) is awesome! The bust is appropriately fitted for a smaller chests (D cup mamas, stay away!) and the skirt hits at the right place. Really easy and comfy, and it looks great.

However, it seems to run small - I am on the cusp of needing to go up another size, but I think it is meant to be worn fitted so will keep the smaller one. Note: the XS fits like a 2, the Small like a 4, M like a 6.

I have it in the red/pink; now I want more colors, especially if it goes on sale. I love shopping from Patagonia directly b/c of their charitable contributions, but the free shipping and no sales tax at Zappos makes it more attractive. It might also be a good deal if REI has it with the 20% off coupon. HTH someone!

Neatfreak
08-26-2011, 04:46 AM
Wow, it's so pretty! I really love dresses that I don't have to dry clean!

WitMom
08-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Oh, I like that! I really like the green with flowers. My only hesitation is the V-neck. Do you think it's too deep, or "about right" in person?

SnuggleBuggles
08-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Very cute!

Beth

larig
08-26-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll bet it looks adorable on you!

citymama
08-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh, I like that! I really like the green with flowers. My only hesitation is the V-neck. Do you think it's too deep, or "about right" in person?

Just right for an A cup :p- but would need to be worn with a cami otherwise (I'm the modest kind, so I may wear it w a cami anyway). But a less conservative dresser may not care.

PAfirsttimemom
08-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I was thinking about ordering the sleeveless Margot at the 50% off sale, but I wonder about that gathered material under the bust, which creates an empire waist. Doesn't that show off any little "mommy belly" you might have? I am fairly slim (120 pounds, size 4/6), but I worry that this dress will emphasize any bit of fat that is there, KWIM?

Twoboos
08-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Ohhh I love the grey w/blue flowers!!

I do not need a dress. I do not need a dress. I do not need a dress...

crl
08-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Ohhh I love the grey w/blue flowers!!

I do not need a dress. I do not need a dress. I do not need a dress...

:yeahthat: cute dress!

Catherine

citymama
08-26-2011, 01:57 PM
I was thinking about ordering the sleeveless Margot at the 50% off sale, but I wonder about that gathered material under the bust, which creates an empire waist. Doesn't that show off any little "mommy belly" you might have? I am fairly slim (120 pounds, size 4/6), but I worry that this dress will emphasize any bit of fat that is there, KWIM?

I have a little mommy pooch belly too and that's probably the part I like best about the dress - the fabric seems to flatten the belly out! At least in the darker (bordeaux) colorway I ordered. Now, I don't know how that works with the summer dress, because presumably it's a thinner fabric.

PAfirsttimemom
08-26-2011, 10:43 PM
I have a little mommy pooch belly too and that's probably the part I like best about the dress - the fabric seems to flatten the belly out! At least in the darker (bordeaux) colorway I ordered. Now, I don't know how that works with the summer dress, because presumably it's a thinner fabric.

Thanks. I may go ahead and order the summer Margot, because you can't beat that $19 price! I don't have a store to return to, though, so I guess I'd have to pay shipping if it doesn't work out?

DrSally
08-26-2011, 11:22 PM
I tried a Small on at a consignment shop today for fit. Loved it! Cannot wait to get mine in orange. I'm thinking the medium will be better for me (I'm a solid 6, but a 4 if the sizing runs big). I think I will wear a cami underneith though. Something really thin. I think the medium will be better for my mommy pouch, but the cut overall was very flattering. The empire waistband was so flattering. It made my waist look so tiny!

PAfirsttimemom
08-26-2011, 11:39 PM
I tried a Small on at a consignment shop today for fit. Loved it! Cannot wait to get mine in orange. I'm thinking the medium will be better for me (I'm a solid 6, but a 4 if the sizing runs big). I think I will wear a cami underneith though. Something really thin. I think the medium will be better for my mommy pouch, but the cut overall was very flattering. The empire waistband was so flattering. It made my waist look so tiny!

So cool you could find it to try it on! How much were they selling it for at the shop? :-)

I am not sure if I should get the black or orange. I tend to wear black a lot, so part of me thinks I should go with color. If the print wasn't the same, I'd be tempted to get both.

DrSally
08-26-2011, 11:41 PM
So cool you could find it to try it on! How much were they selling it for at the shop? :-)

I am not sure if I should get the black or orange. I tend to wear black a lot, so part of me thinks I should go with color. If the print wasn't the same, I'd be tempted to get both.

IKWYM! I went for the orange b/c I already have so much black, and orange is a summery color. I was also tempted to get both. I wish they still had the blue w/magenta flowers, it seemed Asian inspired. I think they were selling it for around $14-$17, can't remember. It was well worn though. I only buy stuff on consignment that is near new. It had sleeves, so it must've been the winter version.

PAfirsttimemom
08-27-2011, 12:05 AM
IKWYM! I went for the orange b/c I already have so much black, and orange is a summery color. I was also tempted to get both. I wish they still had the blue w/magenta flowers, it seemed Asian inspired. I think they were selling it for around $14-$17, can't remember. It was well worn though. I only buy stuff on consignment that is near new. It had sleeves, so it must've been the winter version.

When you ordered, did you get free shipping? I thought the other day when I looked at this the site was offering no-minimum free shipping, but now it is free on orders over $75.

DrSally
08-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Uh oh, I wonder if the sale is over!

PAfirsttimemom
08-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Uh oh, I wonder if the sale is over!

It was supposed to be over on the 25th, but the sale prices still appear to be in effect. But shipping is only free with $75 and over. Boo.

DrSally
08-27-2011, 01:19 AM
Garnet hill has the winter one in stock:
http://www.garnethill.com/patagonia-26-23174-3b-margot-knit-dress/womens-fashion/dresses/view-all-dresses/11359

citymama
08-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Garnet hill has the winter one in stock:
http://www.garnethill.com/patagonia-26-23174-3b-margot-knit-dress/womens-fashion/dresses/view-all-dresses/11359

Zappos also has them with free shipping AND returns. And all the colors and no taxes!

DrSally
08-27-2011, 02:38 AM
Now I totall want to get the winter one too.

ett
08-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I just tried on this dress at the Patagonia outlet today. It must be from last season because it was all one color. The small fit me, but was a little bit tight in the shoulder area. They didn't have any in medium so I couldn't compare to see which size fit me better. Does anyone know if the dress will shrink after I wash it? It is a really cute dress!

I also tried on the sleeveless Margot dress in XS and it was huge on top, but tight at the waist. They fell right off my shoulder!

DrSally
08-28-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm guessing it would shrink b/c it's cotton (unless you air dry). I wonder if the summer version fits differently than the winter version.

citymama
08-28-2011, 03:44 AM
I just tried on this dress at the Patagonia outlet today. It must be from last season because it was all one color. The small fit me, but was a little bit tight in the shoulder area. They didn't have any in medium so I couldn't compare to see which size fit me better. Does anyone know if the dress will shrink after I wash it? It is a really cute dress!

I also tried on the sleeveless Margot dress in XS and it was huge on top, but tight at the waist. They fell right off my shoulder!

That's wild! Wow - I was considering ordering the summer Margot for $19 when I remembered that we don't actually have a summer. :ROTFLMAO:I'm glad I didn't because the long-sleeved XS fits me, so the summer one would have been too big. The Fall version fits with no shrinkage room, so I sure hope it doesn't shrink!

BTW, they have solid black this Fall as well. How much was the Fall dress at the outlet?

ett
08-28-2011, 12:38 PM
BTW, they have solid black this Fall as well. How much was the Fall dress at the outlet?

It was $45 at the outlet.

Twoboos
08-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Well drat, the S is sold out on Zappos and Garnet Hill (has FS right now).

I shouldn't be buying it anyway... sigh.

DrSally
08-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I got and tried on my summer versions. The small was tight, but the medium fit just perfectly! I loooove it! It is so incredibly slimming and flattering. The A line floats away from the body, so even though you can still see some of my mommy tummy, it's not super noticable. The banding is so flattering. I didn't have the same problem as the reviewers w/the top being too big. I will be washing in cold and air drying. The length is perfect for me (5'4"). I can imagine it might be a little short for taller ladies.
When I go to return the small, I'm going to check to see if they have any of the blue floral--would love to get one.

Would love to get a winter, LS version when/if they go onsale.
For now, I wore it w/no cami, but it is a bit low cut.

citymama
08-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I got and tried on my summer versions. The small was tight, but the medium fit just perfectly! I loooove it! It is so incredibly slimming and flattering. The A line floats away from the body, so even though you can still see some of my mommy tummy, it's not super noticable. The banding is so flattering.

Yes, this is what I love about it too - it accentuates the positives and hides the negatives! So glad the sizing worked out.

So if I have the red/pink (for fall) and want to add another I can wear for work settings, which would you recommend? I'm thinking either the solid black or grey with blue flowers.

DrSally
08-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes, this is what I love about it too - it accentuates the positives and hides the negatives! So glad the sizing worked out.

So if I have the red/pink and want to add another I can wear for work settings, which would you recommend? I'm thinking either the solid black or grey with blue flowers.

I think both would be great. I might be tempted to get the gray just b/ c there are so many blk dresses out there and their patterns are great. But, thn again, black would be so versatile!

Beth24
08-29-2011, 12:30 AM

So if I have the red/pink (for fall) and want to add another I can wear for work settings, which would you recommend? I'm thinking either the solid black or grey with blue flowers.

I absolutely love the grey one! :heartbeat:

GaPeach_in_Ca
08-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Oooh, a winter version! I think I'm going to get the grey with blue flowers.

I got this one in the Patagonia sale:
http://www.zappos.com/patagonia-womens-margot-dress-mosaic-black

It is really flattering. However, it is very low cut on me, so I'd need a cami for work. My DH thought it looked really good and he's a tough critic.

I got a large - I'm about 5'8" and 165lbs and wear a size L in shirts and a 12 in bottoms, if that helps. :)