PDA

View Full Version : Blendtec vs. Vitamix

spanannie
08-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts or input? I need a blender to make nut milk and to blend other things my normal blender can't do. This is going to be $$$, so I want to make the right choice.

Thanks!

wellyes
08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I believe they are the same, except:
* VitaMix = a much better warranty and a long history
* Blentec = occassionally is offered for under $300

essnce629
08-26-2011, 03:40 PM
This should help you:

Blendtec vs Vitamix Review
http://gotgreensrevolution.com/Vitamix-versus-blendtec-review.html

justlearning
08-26-2011, 03:53 PM
My brother bought a Vitamix but ended up returning to Costco and got a Blendtec. He said he likes the Blendtec a lot better because he likes the ease of pushing a button for a certain mode (e.g., smoothie) instead of having to use a dial to manually control the speeds.

I do have a few friends who have Vitamix blenders who are very happy with them (although they haven't owned a Blendtec).

I can't say how well the blenders will do nut milks--I did read online one poster say that she had success with almond milk in her Vitamix but another poster said that she didn't like the results and would keep buying packaged almond milk. I haven't read anything about the Blendtec blender and nut milks.

wellyes
08-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Oh I do remember some controversy about Blendtec, making a blog but pretending it was a regular person who just happened to like their product ..... greensmoothiegirl maybe? And the famous "Will It Blend" meme was a corporate stunt too. Not controversy, I guess, but slightly unsavory marketing.

spanannie
08-26-2011, 06:23 PM
My brother bought a Vitamix but ended up returning to Costco and got a Blendtec. He said he likes the Blendtec a lot better because he likes the ease of pushing a button for a certain mode (e.g., smoothie) instead of having to use a dial to manually control the speeds.

I do have a few friends who have Vitamix blenders who are very happy with them (although they haven't owned a Blendtec).

I can't say how well the blenders will do nut milks--I did read online one poster say that she had success with almond milk in her Vitamix but another poster said that she didn't like the results and would keep buying packaged almond milk. I haven't read anything about the Blendtec blender and nut milks.

Thanks! I'm planning on making cashew milk, since you can't buy it pre-made. From what I've read, it blends up with no grit and no straining.