PDA

View Full Version : 7th Gen vs Earth's Best?

hoodlims
08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Anybody have thoughts on these two diapers? I am thinking of switching from Pampers (DD is getting WAAY too picky about who goes on her butt) and from reading Amazon reviews, can't seem to decide. Thoughts from this board? Oh, and if it matters, she is tall and skinny for her age (18 months) and holds her pee for 2-3 hours at a time, so it comes out in a big gush.

SnuggleBuggles
08-26-2011, 11:10 PM
I liked them both. I probably liked Earth's Best a smidge more, just a little softer.

Beth

AnnieW625
08-27-2011, 02:49 AM
I liked 7th Gen. better but the ones I really liked were from prior to late 2008 when they went throught a redesign, and I used them as recently again as June, 2011 and they were okay and DD2 had no leaks from them (either pee or gel beads), no diaper rash, and I had no complaints about them until they decided to change the diaper yet again. I couldn't tell the difference and they still worked, but I was also getting close to having to move up to size 5 diapers as these do run a bit small and when I used them with DD2 in 2008 I hated the cut of the size 5 diapers, plus since they aren't as environmentally friendly as they once were I just decided to go back to conventional diapers. We are currently using a mix of Huggies Snug & Dry, and Pampers Baby Dry, but I have also used Costco diapers and been happy.

We tried Earths Best when they first came out in 2008 and at first I liked them, but they ended up leaking gel beads when we used them over night and DH thought they stunk so he banned me from buying Earths Best diapers.

Is your daughter ready to potty train? I know it sounds odd because she is only 18 months, but if she can hold her pee for that long it might be something to think about.

mjs64
08-27-2011, 03:27 AM
We haven't used Earth's Best (but do like their wipes--too bad they're not available anymore on Amazon S&S). But we've had great luck with 7th gen. They do run small. DS is currently in size four, at 6.5 mo, 20 lbs, and 28 inches. But we love them. Have tried Pampers Baby Dry (size 4 also) for overnights and have found that the 7th gens do better! Since DS is my first, we didn't try 7th gens before 2011, so I can't comment on any change in their design. But we've been very happy with them. With Amazon Mom, they're reasonable, too.

hoodlims
08-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks ladies. I did read something on Amazon about the new 7th generations being not as good as the older version. I have only had her in them during the daytime (borrowed from a neighbor/friend) when we ran out but not at night. It is good to hear you are happy with them at nighttime msj!

Annie - we do have a potty for her and she sometimes tells us when she is ready to go, but not often enough for me to trust her diaper free. Lately she has been such a pill about wearing a diaper, which Sesame Street character she's wearing, etc, that I am about ready to just let her run around naked. The last time I did that, she ran up to me, said "poo poo!" and before I could take her to her potty, she dropped two turds on my kitchen floor. Scared me off a bit. :)

pantrygirl
08-27-2011, 07:01 PM
I liked them both. I probably liked Earth's Best a smidge more, just a little softer.

Beth
:yeahthat:

hoodlims
08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to say I got some 7th generation diapers and while I cannot compare it to Earth's Best, I like them much better than Pampers! They seem to get less poofy, the tabs are wider and easier to put on, and they don't smell as badly. Plus, they do better for her overnight.