PDA

View Full Version : My dog just brought a...

Kymberley
08-28-2011, 10:08 PM
POSSUM into my house!!! I'm am FREAKING THE FREAK OUT. The thing was not dead, but merely playing POSSUM! I screamed loud enough to wake DH and he took it out to put it out of it's misery, while I stood behind something big and heavy, shaking. I am such a weeny. And my dogs hate me. Obviously.

ShanaMama
08-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Holy mackerel! That would freak me out. Especially the playing possum part!! It just came alive once it was in the house?!

DietCokeLover
08-28-2011, 10:21 PM
You would have heard me screaming from several states away!

Kymberley
08-28-2011, 10:22 PM
It started HISSING at me!!! My dog dropped it, I screamed (LOL) and grabbed the biggest, longest, heaviest thing I could find: A car jack with wheels. I tried to push the possum out the door, it's eyes opened and it HISSED. I died.

ShanaMama
08-28-2011, 10:25 PM
It started HISSING at me!!! My dog dropped it, I screamed (LOL) and grabbed the biggest, longest, heaviest thing I could find: A car jack with wheels. I tried to push the possum out the door, it's eyes opened and it HISSED. I died.

O.M.G. That is beyond words. Shriek worthy indeed. I freak out when there are crickets in my basement. I can't even imagine your shock & horror!

Puddy73
08-28-2011, 10:26 PM
I would have screamed loud enough to wake a DEAD possum. They are soo ugly and creepy looking. You deserve a drink!

Kymberley
08-28-2011, 10:32 PM
I would have screamed loud enough to wake a DEAD possum. They are soo ugly and creepy looking. You deserve a drink!

You know what freaked me out the most?! The TEETH! I never realized a possum's mouth was soooo big and so full of evil sharp teeth! I could have lived my whole life without knowing that.

(and I know I'm totally spelling it wrong, but I hate "opossum". Forgive me. :D )

AshleyAnn
08-28-2011, 11:29 PM
I would have one less dog tomorrow. I do not like possoms. They are just so mean looking. Im not sure i would have known what to do, besides wetting my pants in fear and shrieking.

bubbaray
08-29-2011, 12:12 AM
OMG. OK, that is just gross. That dog would be on my $h!t list for a loooong time.

Kymberley
08-29-2011, 12:25 AM
OMG. OK, that is just gross. That dog would be on my $h!t list for a loooong time.

He is the craziest dog that ever lived. My boxer boy, I love him dearly, but he is something else. His first kill was a squirrel. Since then, he's killed snakes, rats, mice, more birds than I can count (most snatched out of the air mid-flight), and he tried to kill a snapping turtle. He's not vicious, but if anything gets into his yard, it's his toy and he plays with it until it doesn't play anymore. At least he's kept those things away from the house. Until tonight!!! My lab just looks at him like "what the he11 are you doing?!". Ugh.

bubbaray
08-29-2011, 12:47 AM
My lab just looks at him like "what the he11 are you doing?!". Ugh.

LOL -- labs are hilarious with their "looks" aimed at other dogs.

I actually didn't even know what a possum looked like until about 2 yrs ago. I didn't even know that they existed here. And, yeah, they are just GROSS.

Aishe
08-29-2011, 02:05 AM
I know someone who woke up in the middle of the night and found an opossum IN HER BED. It was looking for its babies, which animal control had removed earlier that day (they weren't able to find the mama at the time). IIRC it got in through the cat door. We will never have a cat door. And if I ever find an opossum in my bed I will never sleep again.

artvandalay
08-29-2011, 03:23 AM
O.M.G. I think I might have passed out of it were me! They are hideous! And MEAN. And teeth?!?!

I am freaking out just thinking about it!

ladysoapmaker
08-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Okay sorry I LOL'ed.

I've had found 2 different possums in my trash cans and a baby one my garage. Animal control doesn't like me because when they are in my trash cans I call them to get rid of them. Then they lecture me about feeding the freaking cat outside. (is there food in the d*mn food dish? he only gets fed when he's here. and any left after he's done gets tossed) I will not dump the trash can over and let them roam free. There are too many kids in the neighborhood who have watch Over the Hedge and the other critter movie that came out that same year. I'm not will to risk the kids getting bitten. I think I've finally trained my kids to replace the trash can lids.

Jen

mrshalco
08-29-2011, 08:10 AM
UGH Reading this gives me the heebeegeebees! I would have died!!! Dog would also be on the $hitli$t!

Finding one in my bed - I think I would move!!! LOL

I came home to a squirrel in my kitchen. I opened the kitchen door and FREAKED! He had eaten a hole in my kitchen screen. He was trying to get out when I came in. The next day DH came home and found him in the kitchen again (ate another hole). DH screamed....and the squirrel screamed too :LOL I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see that!

wendibird22
08-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Oh I would have screamed so loud the swat team would have arrived. OMG! When I see a possum I think of that giant nasty rat thing from the movie The Princess Bride.

My dog luckily seems a bit too slow to catch most of the wild life in our yard. But he did bring home a baby bunny on our nanny's first day. She let him in the house not realizing it was in his mouth which he proudly dropped at her feet (a welcome gift!). Thankfully he dropped it (he has a habit of clenching down on anything he thinks is the best thing in the world) and she's trying to find a way to scoop it outside all while telling my girls that it's a "sleeping" bunny.

o_mom
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
When I see a possum I think of that giant nasty rat thing from the movie The Princess Bride.

That's an R.O.U.S (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=R.O.U.S.). I can see the resemblance, though. :) (And I would also be screaming and hiding.)

StantonHyde
08-29-2011, 03:37 PM
No.freaking.way. Seriously, I could handle a gopher snake easier than I could an opposum. They are so mean and have nasty teeth. I would totally be screaming like a girl. totally.

StantonHyde
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I know someone who woke up in the middle of the night and found an opossum IN HER BED. It was looking for its babies, which animal control had removed earlier that day (they weren't able to find the mama at the time). IIRC it got in through the cat door. We will never have a cat door. And if I ever find an opossum in my bed I will never sleep again.

OMG--I would levitate 20 feet off the bed while ****ting/wetting my pants, screaming, and scrambling to find a phone to call 911!!!!!!!

BabyBearsMom
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Bleck!! Possums are so gross. They have the nastiest fur and the grossest tails. Bleck!! I am continuing to gross out.

glbb35
08-29-2011, 04:28 PM
This post made my day!!! I was laughing hysterically imagining what you went through. Our cat and our old dog used to bring us all sorts of "presents". None that I wanted of course but a possum would have freaked me out too! And yuck! I love the possum playing possum. Too funny!! The dog would be on my bad list too :)

Thanks for sharing this was a funny spot in the day!!!

B :)

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and newborn 7/11

ellies mom
08-29-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry that is so funny. I take back all the mean things I thought about my cats when they were young and still learning to hunt. They brought in several not quite dead animals including birds (2), mice (2) and a bat. Now I just have to inspect the back patio every morning for gifts/threats that have been left for us (mice, moles and baby bunnies). Sigh...

veronica
08-29-2011, 06:02 PM

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I WOULD NEVER SLEEP NAKED. I always wonder what might be crawling around ....... if it were an on opposum, I'd never sleep again.

KLD313
08-29-2011, 06:50 PM
The same thing happened to me. It was dark and I thought it was a ball of aluminum foil or paper so I reached out to get it. Ugh I can't even finish the story because to this day it still makes me shudder.

Kymberley
08-29-2011, 08:09 PM
The same thing happened to me. It was dark and I thought it was a ball of aluminum foil or paper so I reached out to get it. Ugh I can't even finish the story because to this day it still makes me shudder.

I know how you feel!!! I've been having flashbacks today, and I get the creepy crawlies. I'm sorry you have dealt with this. It's very traumatic!

Kymberley
08-29-2011, 08:10 PM
This post made my day!!! I was laughing hysterically imagining what you went through. Our cat and our old dog used to bring us all sorts of "presents". None that I wanted of course but a possum would have freaked me out too! And yuck! I love the possum playing possum. Too funny!! The dog would be on my bad list too :)

Thanks for sharing this was a funny spot in the day!!!

B :)

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and newborn 7/11

I'm glad it made you laugh! It IS funny, in a very disgusting way! LOL!

mrshalco
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM

What do you mean it happened to you too?!?!? You had an oppossum in your bed too?!?!? Is this a common thing?!?!? LOL

KLD313
08-29-2011, 10:54 PM
What do you mean it happened to you too?!?!? You had an oppossum in your bed too?!?!? Is this a common thing?!?!? LOL

No! I would have died if that happened to me. My dog brought one into my house. It was awful!

MamaMolly
08-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww! Totally heebie jeebie!!!! Awful.Nasty.Critter!!!!

lovebebes
08-29-2011, 11:58 PM
:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:
OMG--I would levitate 20 feet off the bed while ****ting/wetting my pants, screaming, and scrambling to find a phone to call 911!!!!!!!

me tooooooooooo

Fairy
08-30-2011, 12:04 AM

Lemme tell ya, honey, I died, too, and all I did was READ your account, rather than live it. Gah!