PDA

View Full Version : I'm on a roll tonight: It's a little less than 3 months away and the drama begins

HIU8
08-28-2011, 10:11 PM
THANKSGIVING

MIL and my mother are coming to stay for a week. MIL does not like my mother b/c she is a compulsive cleaner (MIL is filthy btw). My mother does not like MIL b/c she thinks she is a backwoods hick (and honestly, she is small town and my mother is big city. MIL is midwest and my mother is east coast. MIL is the youngest sibling and my mother is the oldest sibling--I could go on.). It's DS, DH and my sisters bday (although I would like to NOT acknowledge my sister's bday---see other post from today--but I won't do that). So, I get to start worrying about the stress I will be dealing with when they are both here (one sleeping on the family room couch b/c she no longer sleeps in a bed, and one sleeping on the pullout in the living room b/c our guest room is an office for DH and I and the bed had to be removed). I think I may take up meditation and yoga to get through the season this year.

ArizonaGirl
08-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Just start medicating with Xanax and :54:...

Maybe not at the same time...

Clarity
08-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Well, this is your bitching post, but I'm trying really hard not to be offended by the backwoods hick comment. Most especially because this area is actually one of the urban areas of the state - more "small city" than "small town". But yes, we definitely ARE midwest and we are a bit different than the folks on the east coast. We use the term "folks" for one. ;) However, I will say that your MIL sounds a bit unusual even by our local standards.
If it helps, I hate visiting my MIL in your neck of the woods equally as much. :) I hate when she comes here too. It's more about my MIL though, than where she comes from.

HIU8
08-29-2011, 07:48 AM
I was not trying to offend, but my MIL is backwoods (she would be no matter where she lived actually--I was just trying to make the definition in my post). I dislike seeing my MIL no matter where either. For the record though. I assumed in a bitching post I could vent. I will temper it next time and be more PC.